boost cams....who makes them? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
boost cams....who makes them?
Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:30 AM
hey im gonna have another try at this since the jbo mods like to delete posts so much.

i have a gm supercharged 2.4 sunfire, what is a site i can find some nice boost cams, i dont wanna do the secret cam swap or anything, would the stage 1 jbo cams work? thanks

Re: boost cams....who makes them?
Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:31 AM
nvm it wasnt deleted, my bad

Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:32 AM
you must mean the stage 1 JBP cams. From what I'm told those are more geared to be NA cams.

You can probably get in touch with JBP and see if they'll custom make you some boost cams to your specs though.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 1:00 PM
you can get forced induction cam profiles from JBP

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:08 PM
You could go with JBP or call crane and tell them the stats on your car and they could provide the profiles. You jsut have to get blanks and ship them to them.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:06 AM
pushrods wrote:You could go with JBP or call crane and tell them the stats on your car and they could provide the profiles. You jsut have to get blanks and ship them to them.

I hear JBP has a sorta long turnaround. BUT they know the motor better and I would prefer to get a good cam profile from someone who knows the motor. So if you called JBP and got a grind spec from them, called Crane and gave it to them, they got blanks, and they could do them for you in no time flat.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:12 AM
im thinking of just doing th 2.3 swap in my car now since i already got one of the cams and the other one a friend said he might have a car with the old 2.3 engine from a grand am he'd let me take apart. this swap is just as good and would save me cash so all id have to buy is the JBP lifters for the 2.4 and put the 2.3 cams in with new gaskets and lube.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 12:17 PM
jsunfireGT2000 wrote:im thinking of just doing th 2.3 swap in my car now since i already got one of the cams and the other one a friend said he might have a car with the old 2.3 engine from a grand am he'd let me take apart. this swap is just as good and would save me cash so all id have to buy is the JBP lifters for the 2.4 and put the 2.3 cams in with new gaskets and lube.

if that grand am is SOHC like you told me, you better not use that cam. DOHC Low Output cam only.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:57 PM
you have unless you can get a cam sensor machined on the intake cam i would get a 95 intake cam. I know you don't want the secret cam swap but a number of people are running it on boost with no issues.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search