HP gains - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HP gains
Saturday, October 01, 2005 3:10 PM
vehicle : 2002 2200 cavalier(auto)
stock hp : 115
torque:145

mods :

62 mm TB
RSM crank pulley
urethane upper/lower engine mounts
air intake
full exhaust + header

anyone who's got these mods ever dynoed?
what are we looking at with these mods?

Re: HP gains
Saturday, October 01, 2005 3:25 PM
looks like youve gained maybe 20hp at the wheels

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Saturday, October 01, 2005 3:42 PM
id say a little more because i heard CAI does 7-10 header and exhaust does 10-15 plus your mounts and TB......idk thats just my guess.....

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Saturday, October 01, 2005 3:53 PM
well ive got a 2001 2200 and ive got cai,full exhaust (with 4-1 long tube header) , upper and lower mounts ,plugs wires, fpr , clutch flywheel, and crank pulley and i dynoed at 167hp and 169 torque. but i also spend alot of time with my car making sure that everything is working the best it can

ITS ALL FUN IN GAMES TILL SOMEONE GETS SHOT IN THE LEG
Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:09 PM
there's no telling. every motor is different.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:18 PM
very true

ITS ALL FUN IN GAMES TILL SOMEONE GETS SHOT IN THE LEG
Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:27 PM
john lewis wrote:well ive got a 2001 2200 and ive got cai,full exhaust (with 4-1 long tube header) , upper and lower mounts ,plugs wires, fpr , clutch flywheel, and crank pulley and i dynoed at 167hp and 169 torque. but i also spend alot of time with my car making sure that everything is working the best it can

Not to sound like an ass....but do you have any proof (dyno charts)? I know some engines take to mods better, but gaining something like 60whp and 30tq sounds a bit far fetched for those mods.
Saturday, October 01, 2005 5:18 PM
^^^^^ I was gonna say the same thing. Torque sounds correct, more or less, but the hp# sounds high. Dont get me wrong, I honest to God HOPE that is right, b/c Im also running a tb and im with an msd blaster coil, hoping i could see #s like that.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Saturday, October 01, 2005 5:55 PM
Realistically you will put down about 110 hp to the wheels.

Borsty wrote:Bio:------------- i work at ups lifting heavy @!#$ ill day, and i rip phonebooks in half

Saturday, October 01, 2005 6:18 PM
it was probably on a Dynojet that had its computer settings totally off. Dynojet's typically read about 20% higher than say a Mustang Dyno (which are 99.9% accurate)

Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:06 PM
Spotabee Racing wrote:there's no telling. every motor is different.

True I would say 105hp at the wheels. and just because mod "a" and mod "b" both add 10 hp doent mean you get 20 hp more like 12hp as all mods work together and shift powerband slightly. I would take a mod that adds an average of 20 ft lbs. across the rpm band than a mod taht adds 20 hp peak. Tourque is what pushes you in the seat and hp is how fast you use tq.

let us know if you get a dyno.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:25 PM
dont forget what engine were talking about here...some engines gain more off certain mods than others...i like to assume gains modestly so that it will give you an actuall estimate and if you get more than the estimate you would be that much more happier

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Sunday, October 02, 2005 10:57 PM
can anyone tell me what they think i would have for hp in my 1998 2200.my mods are cam regrind,larger tb,injectors,header 4-2-1,exhaust system, oversize pistons [.30 overbore]alluminum light weight flywheel,centerforce dual friction clutch,rsm intake,functional hood scoop,msd coils,plug wires and dis2 box.
Monday, October 03, 2005 1:22 AM
Sheldon, I would say that you would be doing well with that setup.

I'll have a sig someday....................
Monday, October 03, 2005 10:06 AM
my guess is 10 hp which is hardly noticable

get boost =)

Sorry...
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-09-21

00:33:32. This ban will expire 2005-09-28 00:33:32 Pacific Time.
Reason: Comments over the top regarding Jordan Kruger and other members in Versus. Also, if you have a problem with a member e-mailing you, do not bring it into the forums.

If you believe this to be in error, please contact us.
Monday, October 03, 2005 6:08 PM
My guess is probably not that much, since you dont have an intake mainfold that has a 62mm opening. Im not sure on wide the stock TB can go up to, but I know its not 62mm. You will see more gains if you get an intake mainfold that has a 62mm opening.

dan

My momma told me I was cool = )
Monday, October 03, 2005 8:50 PM
i have a 62mm intake and a port and polish job also.i forgot to add that..
Monday, October 03, 2005 9:29 PM
Sheldon ONeill wrote:i have a 62mm intake and a port and polish job also.i forgot to add that..

PnP job will do you lots of good there

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:11 PM
iwas at the track last weekend with a buddy of mine,he has a gt model,i can still only run 16.0.with all my mods i only gained .5 sec in the 1/4
Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:43 AM
16's arnt bad in a 2200

Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:44 PM
I've found that the 2200's respond a bit better to mods through tq gain rather than hp gain and is logical reasoning to why the enignes can stay with or most of the time beat most higher hp cars. For instance with an intake and cat-back I was running around 16.54 in the 1/4, (same as about an auto eco) and then once I got my mild PnP I was staying with and sometimes beating 5-speed eco's and z24's. I deffinately didn't gain 30-40hp through the head job so its obvious it gave way through the tq.

Sheldon ONeill wrote:can anyone tell me what they think i would have for hp in my 1998 2200.my mods are cam regrind,larger tb,injectors,header 4-2-1,exhaust system, oversize pistons [.30 overbore]alluminum light weight flywheel,centerforce dual friction clutch,rsm intake,functional hood scoop,msd coils,plug wires and dis2 box.

If you could get a sick PnP job and some knic knac stuff in your head I'd easily say you could pull of a good 35-40hp with tuning of course.....

Andrey B wrote:vehicle : 2002 2200 cavalier(auto)
stock hp : 115
torque:145

mods :

62 mm TB
RSM crank pulley
urethane upper/lower engine mounts
air intake
full exhaust + header

anyone who's got these mods ever dynoed?
what are we looking at with these mods?

You only probably gained about 10hp through that because you're only taking advantage of 4 out of 5 things on the list....The TB is taking a tad bit out of your performance because you don't have enough engine velocity to pull in that much air and utilize it effeciently....Once you get a PnP, boost, or nitrous you won't be seeing many good things through the 62mm. If you go back down to I'd say 54-56mm you'll pick up maybe 5-8 on top of that 10hp I said before.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:02 PM
i have an aluminum light weight flywheel,a few people have told me that that flywheels will make me loose a fare amount of torque,if so would it be better to put the factory flywheel back in?
Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:07 PM
sheldon wrote:i have an aluminum light weight flywheel,a few people have told me that that flywheels will make me loose a fare amount of torque,if so would it be better to put the factory flywheel back in?

not true. you will rev so much quicker by a lightweight flywheel. i don't see how you could lose torque...

Friday, October 07, 2005 1:58 PM
Spotabee Racing wrote:
sheldon wrote:i have an aluminum light weight flywheel,a few people have told me that that flywheels will make me loose a fare amount of torque,if so would it be better to put the factory flywheel back in?

not true. you will rev so much quicker by a lightweight flywheel. i don't see how you could lose torque...

x2

dan

My momma told me I was cool = )
Friday, October 07, 2005 2:50 PM
Tony Wise(emokidpsy) wrote:16's arnt bad in a 2200

not when you're modded. my friend ran a 16.5 stock in his 2200 and first day at the track ever. with all those mods he's got over 1K for .5 sec which is not good.

15.891 @ 88 mph stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search