Help! AEM Intake Causing Heavy Vbration - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help! AEM Intake Causing Heavy Vbration
Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:37 PM
I just put an AEM short ram intake into my 2001 Cavalier Z24 with an auto tranny. It seems as though the movement of the intake upon hitting the gas is causing the intake pipe to bump the silver box behind it (in the upper right corner of the engine bay), and is causing a large vibration in my gas pedal at the lower RPMs. As for now, I have some foam in the space, but it's not working too well.

Any suggestions?

Re: Help! AEM Intake Causing Heavy Vbration
Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:52 PM
Make sure that it is secure. Your intake should never be moving an extreme amount. It is possible it jerks a little bit because your motor does move...to fix that you could invest in motor mounts and your motor won't move at all.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:52 PM
zip ties are your friend

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, September 30, 2005 8:38 AM
Like NJHK said, upper and lower motor mounts will stop your motor from moving alltogether. You'll feel vibrations in the cabin, but it shouldn't be too bad after a while.

Friday, September 30, 2005 8:45 AM
umm that silver box deals with your brakes, and it should NOT be touching your intake. as for the pedal, it is NORMAL for you to feel a LITTLE vibration on the throttle pedal from putting on the intake

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Saturday, October 01, 2005 2:59 PM
What can you tell me about the motor mounts? I've seen them, but as far as application in a Cavalier, I'm not well educated.
How much do they go for? What kind should I get? Where do they go in the engine bay?
Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:13 PM
Justin wrote:What can you tell me about the motor mounts? I've seen them, but as far as application in a Cavalier, I'm not well educated.
How much do they go for? What kind should I get? Where do they go in the engine bay?

Best place to buy them is from Karo at CarCustoms.net

All the 95-02 2.2 / 2200 / 2.4 mounts are the same. There is one lower dogmount on the passenger side and one upper mount on the passenger side (beneath / to the side of your coolent resavoir. Installation of both is very simple and you can find the installation instructions at http://www.teamforwardmotion.com. There has been debate about which mount works better or causes more inner vibrations than the other. But the fact is, you need both to get the gains from them. They don't necessarily add power, but they increase power transfer by reducing torque lost between motor and drivetrain (no more motor rocking under accelleration).

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search