i am thinking - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i am thinking
Monday, September 26, 2005 2:39 AM
well i am thinking when and if my engine goes i want to drop a 2.4 in my cavalier which has a 2200 SFI what do all i need engine,tranny *want to keep it a auto "don't ask"*,computer,engine wireing harness, harness for inside,a center console for the 4-speed,motor mounts. am i leaving out any thing? and is there any welding involved?

Re: i am thinking
Monday, September 26, 2005 3:01 AM
Basically yes...I think you got everything

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, September 26, 2005 1:19 PM
engine, tranny, PCM, and the harness from PCM to firewall. mounts are the same but i'd get a new set anyways.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, September 26, 2005 2:44 PM
engine, trans, engine harness, comp, power steering pump and power steering lines, fuel lines, my upper motor mount was different, if your going from a 3 spd to 4 spd, u might wanna look into the center consule and the 4 spd guage cluster. i think thats it...if i think of anything else, post back i will

Monday, September 26, 2005 8:31 PM
Dude if youre gonna swap engines go ecotec, you won't be dissapointed
Monday, September 26, 2005 9:55 PM
Jeff Marmus wrote:Dude if youre gonna swap engines go ecotec, you won't be dissapointed

^^ unintelligent post. sure, go for an ecotec if you want lots of downtime and fabrication.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:10 AM
downtime not really fabrication not really either mine was done within a matter of a week

[IMG] http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/2000ecocavalier/thumbnail_smalljbopic.jpg[/IMG]
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:35 AM
2000ecocavalier wrote:downtime not really fabrication not really either mine was done within a matter of a week

a week is downtime. which classifies as a swap so to speak. as far as an originally placed motor (i.e. 2.2 to 2200 or 2.2 to 2.4) we usually get done in 2 days

Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:56 PM
i can't go ecotec this is my daily driver for now so i am going to get part by part and take a few days off to get it done

Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:17 PM
Larry Martin wrote:i can't go ecotec this is my daily driver for now so i am going to get part by part and take a few days off to get it done

completely understandable man. and the 2.4 will work just fine for that. if you figure it's going to take you 2 days, request off 4. if you figure it's going to take you 4, request off a week. when we put together our turbo sedan, we estimated 3 days for the project. little things going wrong and tuning issues led to the project taking 8 full days.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search