quicky - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quicky
Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:10 PM
can you use your stock Header gasket or the exhuast gasket, dont know which one it is . with an after market header ?

Re: quicky
Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:38 PM
Juan Morales wrote:can you use your stock Header gasket or the exhuast gasket, dont know which one it is . with an after market header ?

Yes.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, September 25, 2005 6:07 AM
Damn... Well im getting and exhaust leak through the gasket... ils there a sequece the bolts should be put on ?? some one told me to use a silicon Copper gasket maker ? good idea ? thanks....
Sunday, September 25, 2005 10:53 AM
thats prob your better bet to do so personally.

should use a new gasket which is around 10$ and shouldnt have any leaks whatsoever. no gasket maket, sealer stuff needed.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:02 AM
the gaskets they send with the header are always crap. so it's best to go pick up a new Felpro gasket. If you do have any leaks after that... then you screwed something up.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:06 AM
gm MLS one works great as well.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 12:37 PM
i cant find them at any store i went to Autozone, orilleys and a few performance shops but they dont carry it ..... also i cant find it on the internet jegs,summit, any help ? were can i get it over here in Texas...
Sunday, September 25, 2005 12:40 PM
Juan Morales wrote:i cant find them at any store i went to Autozone, orilleys and a few performance shops but they dont carry it ..... also i cant find it on the internet jegs,summit, any help ? were can i get it over here in Texas...

just go to any GM dealer that sells parts, pay 10-12$ and be done with it.... doesnt have to be felpro...stock MLS works fine.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 6:57 PM
well $1000 bucks later with header/cat back/unorthodox pulley/and motor mounts... I still Run the same Time at the track and got alot slower on highway......... Man gota love that cavy....... 10.3 at the 1/8 ... ..... what could it be what could it be..... i was running that on a k&n and a muffler tip...
Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:10 PM
well if you have leaks, then thats obviously against ya...

depending on the size exhaust, cause your registry is vague as nuts, that can also count against ya.

driving style is also a factor.

and a muffler tip isnt really a performance deal..

Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:42 PM
Juan Morales wrote:i cant find them at any store i went to Autozone, orilleys and a few performance shops but they dont carry it ..... also i cant find it on the internet jegs,summit, any help ? were can i get it over here in Texas...

That's really effed up. Considering what a popular vehicle it is, most parts carry multiples IN STOCK. I know most basic gaskets and things for my car are always in stock

Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:04 PM
yea i found the gasket at a performance shop for $23 bucks and $75 for installation... but yea... i got 2.25 exhuast.. just got a tune up about 3 days ago... .... man i better get something strong to drink
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:15 PM
they wanted $75 to install the gasket? are you kidding? that's not difficult at all... as long as you can get the alternator unbolted quickly

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search