Has anyone done this yet? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Has anyone done this yet?
Saturday, September 24, 2005 3:51 PM
Sence I blew the motor in my cav I have been thinking of other alternatives to a rebuild. I have a pretty exstencive background in metal fabrication, but that might not mean much. How possible is it to do a 3.4l or 3.8l V6 swap into an '01 2.2l OHV Sedan? This might be tottally crazy to even think about. But, I have other vehicles for transportation, and most of the means to do the swap(i think). So any ideas and input would be awesome. Thanks

- JTR

Re: Has anyone done this yet?
Saturday, September 24, 2005 3:58 PM
There are people who have done each of the swaps you speak of......

"Use the Search Button, Luke"

02 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon

Saturday, September 24, 2005 6:24 PM
thanks luke but the search button didnt get me anything bro. im not an idiot in the forum.

- JTR
Saturday, September 24, 2005 7:36 PM
you could also look up member (Raven) & (Mekster)

Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:01 PM
guess ya didnt search hard enough buddy

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, September 25, 2005 6:43 AM
When someone asks a question why do some of you feel compelled to act like a--holes? The search feature DOES NOT always work right so don't even act like it does.
If you don't want to answer the question then don't. When you answer with crap like the above it makes you look like an ass you do realize this right? MINION thank you for not being like the others who "THINK" they're funny.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 10:33 AM
jackalope ( a.k.a. the prick ) wrote:When someone asks a question why do some of you feel compelled to act like a--holes? The search feature DOES NOT always work right so don't even act like it does.
If you don't want to answer the question then don't. When you answer with crap like the above it makes you look like an ass you do realize this right? MINION thank you for not being like the others who "THINK" they're funny.

it works right, you simply have to put in the right info...

garbage in =garbage out...

no different than a g-tech or really anything else on a computer.

if worse comes to worse, the person mentioned screen names, and we do have a members search directory.... which is even easier.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 5:31 PM
/\ /\ /\ True if you word it differently it won't work. So all you need to do is know exactly how the original post was titled and then the saerch works.

Am I the only one how can see a potential problem with this?

Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:08 PM
not really....dont have to know how the original was worded precisely, just the general terms....

"ecotec"
"eco"
"swap"
" * fill in screen name*"

you can search for author, subject, or even the message body for key words. so really theres three ways to easily do it.

case in point, someone said they searched and could find NO info on whats needed for a swap etc....

Dirty Muffins (Event) wrote:prime example....

if someone typed in eco swap the results are http://www.j-body.org/forums/search.php?f=2&search=eco+swap&globalsearch=0&match=1&date=0&threadtype=1&fldsubject=1

#29 of that list is this link...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=239259&t=239259#239259

an FAQ on ecotec swaps, but the search shows 28 other posts asked, which prob didnt bother to look up the info since they are higher on the list than post 29....

now with ALL DATES being searched all i did was switch it over to ARCHIVE and hit the search button again....

http://www.j-body.org/forums/search.php?f=2&search=eco+swap&globalsearch=0&match=1&date=arch&threadtype=1&fldsubject=1

heres another post from suncavi with alot of Q and A http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=263750&t=263750&arch=1#263750

and yet ANOTHER post thats 3 pages telling you all you need for the swap yet again. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=271990&t=271990&arch=1#271990

as for those looking for the 3800 SWAP, raven did a whole lotta posts on installs with pics.... http://www.j-body.org/forums/search.php?f=2&search=raven&globalsearch=0&match=1&date=arch&threadtype=1&fldauthor=1

posts 1-5 has alot of good info on his swap WITH PICS for those that dont like to read much....

my point is, when you do search, you WILL find alot of repetitive crap that has been answered over and over and over again.....

however you will find those walk thoughs that people ALREADY have written... its no different than school fellas...

the people that do their homework get the better results in the outcome. the people that are lazy are still lazy at the end, and dont have much to show for it.....

the two terms i entered was

"Eco Swap"

and the second one i searched for an author "RAVEN"

and found the exact results, which is what someone suggested above with the screen names... writing that post and searching for the info took a bit over 3 minutes....

not really too hard unless you are running less than 56k like on a cell phone.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:14 PM
/\ /\ /\ I've tried it before and have had problems too. Thats why I'll actualy answer the question if I can instead of giving a smart responce like some of those above.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:20 PM
oddly, the only time i have EVER had a problem was when the forum actually went down in the middle of a search, but if it takes 1 minute for the page to change or more, i know its mainly because the forum server went down or something...

and josh found it fine as well it seems

but, oh well...

but for some still remains they dont try hard enough and or give up after the first time it doesnt get the results they want

Saturday, October 08, 2005 4:49 PM
thanks for the help guys, well, you guys that helped...... i think i am going to go ahead with a 3800 s/c swap. ill keep you all updated.

- JTR
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search