HO manifold install problems.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HO manifold install problems....
Sunday, September 25, 2005 12:28 AM
ok......

just installed the HO manifold, and used the 2.4L TB....it is all installed we started the car and it was running a bit rough, we let it run and it is close to normal, but seems to stutter a bit and seems as if to stall but remains running......The A/R guage is reading very rich and does not jump to stoich or lean......

What could be causing this ?? Vaccum leak ?? where do i start looking for it?? if so, what do i look/listen for ???

please help !! im stranded w/o this running properly....

thanks

Dave

Re: HO manifold install problems....
Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:01 AM
also...

I have the MAP sensor vac line plugged into the TB rather then the intake manifold, will this make a diff. ??
Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:21 AM
How did you install the manifold?
Did you use the conversion flange, port match, installed straight up?

With the 2.4L tb, you have to block off one (or two?) of the vac ports on the tb itself.
I know the fpr line has to be blocked off on the tb at least.

Whatever the one line that was plugged into the plastic mani, it has to go in that small middle little port on the HO man. Don't wanna be plugging it into the tb.

Need a little more info buts thats a place to start looking.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Sunday, September 25, 2005 6:52 AM
ok..........we used the adapter flange from Xploited.....

the MAP sensor is on the TB so im hoping thats the problem......

the FPR is in the HO mani, the one that goes down low @ the front of the motor goes into the manifold......

The brake booster is on the TB, the HVAC is on the TB, MAP sensor is on the TB......

We going to route the MAP sensor to the mani and see if that cures it....
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:32 AM
Thanks for the help!
Was really hopping it wasn't a vaccum leak... Just switched the map and plugged the one port and it ran flawless!

Thanks again!
Sunday, September 25, 2005 6:14 PM
Good deal.

Enjoy.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Sunday, September 25, 2005 10:16 PM
make sure that the map is connected to a port ont the TB but where is it after the butterfly valve. i had mine hooked up before the valve and it was not runnin right moved it wna it ran fine.

Monday, September 26, 2005 2:06 AM
MAP = MANIFOLD air pressure....

not Throttle body

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:03 PM
Dave wrote:also...

I have the MAP sensor vac line plugged into the TB rather then the intake manifold, will this make a diff. ??

move it to the manifold, you should only have the line comming off the fuel rail and the map on the manifold, everything else goes on the TB.

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Friday, May 26, 2006 2:31 AM
Pistolero where did you hook up the line from the AC area? Where you have your map plugged in in that picture is where i put it. I am having issues and I am willing to try your way if it works.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Friday, May 26, 2006 12:54 PM
Shawn McKenzie wrote:Pistolero where did you hook up the line from the AC area? Where you have your map plugged in in that picture is where i put it. I am having issues and I am willing to try your way if it works.

his way is wrong. you have your done the right way. the map sensor reads the manifold pressure, not the TB's

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.

Friday, May 26, 2006 1:33 PM
he said he fixed it, and it is a map, so anything down from the throttle body, which can be on the throttle body like the picture above.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search