header needed? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
header needed?
Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:48 PM
jus something i heard and read, that putting a full exhaust from the stock header back at a size of around 2 1/4 inch, that by doing this there is no need for a header, putting a header on would give minimal more power, if the power difference is a lot then id obviously take the header, jus goin on word here, thanks for confirming nething!

Re: header needed?
Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:55 PM
Remember that you're header is the cap of your exhaust system, by getting rid of restriction all the way through, you're allowing for a more free flowing exhaust system. So whoever told you that is incorrect.

I know from person experience that putting on my header helped alot and depending on what type of header you get, it will help specific areas on your powerband.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:16 PM
thanks for the info, im looking into getting a header that looks like urs, i saw in ur reg, do u know if that one is available for the 2.4 on a 97 Z? thanks

Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:19 PM
scudz24 wrote:thanks for the info, im looking into getting a header that looks like urs, i saw in ur reg, do u know if that one is available for the 2.4 on a 97 Z? thanks

It's no problem.

I believe weapon-r doesn't have a design for the 2.4 motor (which I find odd) but if you still want a 4-2-1 style like mine, contact RK Sport. Here is a link:

RK Sport 4-2-1 Header for the 2.4L Motor

Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:21 PM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
scudz24 wrote:thanks for the info, im looking into getting a header that looks like urs, i saw in ur reg, do u know if that one is available for the 2.4 on a 97 Z? thanks

It's no problem.

I believe weapon-r doesn't have a design for the 2.4 motor (which I find odd) but if you still want a 4-2-1 style like mine, contact RK Sport. Here is a link:

how do u find the pacesetter header to be? of course ill be buying the ceramic coated, while im posting, if i end up with armor coated header, will painting it with ceramic high heat exhaust paint work or eventually burn away? thanks again for the help

Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:26 PM
scudz24 wrote:
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:

It's no problem.

how do u find the pacesetter header to be? of course ill be buying the ceramic coated, while im posting, if i end up with armor coated header, will painting it with ceramic high heat exhaust paint work or eventually burn away? thanks again for the help

Most people find the Pacesetter headers satisfying when they are only ceramic coated, the black ones will have the black paint burn off in no time are usually less quality.

The paint will probably burn off...

Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:31 PM
alright in that case id go with ceramic, looks better for longer and ive heard holds heat in better which means better flow, can i expect a ceramic coated to stay nice and shiny for long time to come? id like to do that rksport since its got a great look and design but the price seems to steep at the moment, thanks again

Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:39 PM
scudz24 wrote:alright in that case id go with ceramic, looks better for longer and ive heard holds heat in better which means better flow, can i expect a ceramic coated to stay nice and shiny for long time to come? id like to do that rksport since its got a great look and design but the price seems to steep at the moment, thanks again

The ceramic coated ones look just about the same for a decent period of time. The point of it is, like you said, to keep the heat in better and keep temperatures down in the engine bay. Mine isn't ceramic coated but heat isn't an issue when your already moving but when I'm idling or parked, the temperature does rise a few notches but that's about it.

RK Sport in general is an expensive company so don't expect anything decent priced from them anytime soon...lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search