needing some advice - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
needing some advice
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 10:08 AM
i just ordered my pacesetter header and cat back exhuast and i am wondering if i should put a test pipe w/an o2 simulator or get a high flow cat???

if i go the cat route what brand shoud i get and who has the best prices???

also i guess it doesn't even really need to be a high flow, does it???

thanks in advance

Re: needing some advice
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 10:23 AM
It all depends on your state emission laws and regulations... Personnaly if your going to put a cat on I would go high flow... anything to help increase the flow will help... MAGNAFLOW seems to be the cat of choice and has been found for under $60 with free shipping on ebay. Also most people will put a resonator on behind the cat to help lower the tone of exhaust sound... Its more a preference than anything else. I dont know if the header you are getting has the pipe that goes from it to the cat but if not you may want to consider changing that out as well and it really shouldnt cost you that much to have a shop bend it and weld it up for you.
Re: needing some advice
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:46 PM
Usually test pipes are just tore up inside of a stock catalytic converter which won't really help you in performance and possibly might hurt your performance depending on how the inside is.

I say you should just invest in an magnaflow catalytic converter and call it a day.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search