Ecotec Log Short Runners Intake Manifold - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Log Short Runners Intake Manifold
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:21 PM
I did do a search for this, and didnt come up with anything.

GM used a Log style Intake Manifold with short runners for their dragsters, and recommends it after going i think over 400hp, i think they also used a 70mm or 75mm throttle body.

My questions are:

Has this been done to a street ecotec NA or Boosted?

Would this setup or similar (smaller throttle body) run lean?

Could setup be used and a cold air intake and ram intake combined do to the possible high air flow?

Has someone done something like this on the forum and have first hand experience?

Opinions and Thoughts in need.

Re: Ecotec Log Short Runners Intake Manifold
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:51 PM
No one has done it. Mainly because of money and not being able to fit! The Gm peice of course.

And if you're asking if it will run lean, you obviously don't know what you're doing. Research somemore.

My Car
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 11:02 PM
The rest why I asked if it would run lean, is to my LIMITED knowledge, if you are adding more air to the air/fuel ratio that you already have you would be creating a leaner intake, so you would have to upgrade fuel injectors and adjust fuel management to get the right ratio, right?

and Im am just asking out of curiousity and also because maybe someone else has thought about it and wanted info.

Opinions, Thoughts, Theories, Facts NEEDED
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 11:21 PM
it shouldnt run lean with just an intake manifold swap. if there is any more air entering the cylinders than normal, the 02 sensor will tell the ecu that there is more air in the mixture and, in turn, add more fuel. the stock fuel system will handle pretty much any bolt on modification. you will really only need to start adding more fuel when forced induction is introduced, or if you have a very heavily modded n/a engine.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:08 PM
did some more diggin about a the fabricated aluminum intake manifold.

accepts a 75 mm LS1 throttle body

BUT

according to the GM Sport Compact Build Book, IT DOESN NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITH THE PRODUCTION ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

anyone have a slightest idea why it wouldnt and what messures would be needed to make it work?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search