Trouble when turned on - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trouble when turned on
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 4:15 PM
Hey guys. I have a little problem. When i turn my car on it sounds like a Camaro for a little while. It will idle at 1200rpm and it will take about 5 minutes to go back down to 900. When its at 900rpm it sounds fine.
Now from what the delership says is that its running to rich. Also i have the Hahnrace craft stage 2 turbo kit on it. Im pretty sure its been doing that since i installed the kit. Before i installed the kit the car sat for about 7 months cause i was out on deployment.
I just upgraded my exhaust to a 2 1/2 inch and it has a small exhaust leak by the muffler. Im not sure but it sounds like there might be one up towards the engine too.
What do you guys think is causing the car to sound / idle like this? Is it a bad thing? Please tell me anything that might help. Thanks guys and sorry if i gave you info that you didnt need.
Jason

Re: Trouble when turned on
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:38 PM
sounds normal to me

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 6:28 PM
lol sorry, just had to reply because I love the topic name

15.69@86.670 - stock 99Z
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:14 PM
lol didnt think of that............... good point

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:59 PM
JoyRide wrote:lol sorry, just had to reply because I love the topic name

my only thought is when cars are 'turned on' the engine has a higer rev for a bit to get everything going.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:10 PM
Fix your exhaust leaks, then give us an update.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:38 PM
roger that guys thanks

Thursday, September 22, 2005 4:02 AM
Ok well i got the exhaust leaks fixed. There where 3 small leaks. Since i did that, starting it up in the morning takes about a minute or two. Thanks guys for the peace of mind.
Jason

Thursday, September 22, 2005 8:44 AM
J's by default run very rich on a cold start. Having the turbo kit doesn't help that either. Are you just concerned about the high idle for the first few minutes? Not sure what you meant by sounds like a camaro. I am guessing that the exhaust leaks were the biggist issue correct? Sounded like hell until everything warmed up a bit and such?

Thursday, September 22, 2005 8:52 AM
The camaro sound im talking about is like blop blop blop yea i dont think that makes sence. Its sounds like a old muslce car. Yea i got the exhaust fixed so its all better. Now it takes about a minute or two to warm up. Much better.

Jason

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search