idle question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
idle question
Friday, September 16, 2005 12:46 AM
My car seems to have a much rougher idle than it should have. It's an automatic 2000 Sunfire GT. For mods, its got an intake, header, exhaust, mounts, pulleys and a shift-plus. I know the mounts (prothayne top & bottom) cause the car to vibrate a little bit, but my car almost seems like it has a lope to it. When I crank it up and put it into reverse, if I just barely pust the gas it'll sound like its about to go dead or it will die. And sitting with it in drive, it feels like its chopping hard, just waiting to go dead. Any ideas?

Larry wrote:Next time some dork revs his engine, just sit there smile, and when the light turns green blow his F#@*IN doors off. He will leave you alone after that.

Re: idle question
Friday, September 16, 2005 1:31 AM
Every car has a lope but it is so mild that you don't notice it. When you put your motor mounts on, you feel EVERYTHING even the mild lope.

Now that feeling you have like it's about to "die" is you feeling your motor and the reaction of your transmission. It's a normal experience to feel, I know exactly what you're going through because I have the same transmission with motor mounts. When you learn more on how automatic transmissions work, you'll find out why it does what it does.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, September 16, 2005 1:38 AM
I believe you, it just seems like more than it should be. I was just asking if maybe it was the fuel pump maybe not getting enough to the engine, or a misfire problem, or just because my intake needs to be cleaned.

"Why drive a blue oval when you can drive a red arrowhead?"
Friday, September 16, 2005 1:42 AM
Dr Mengele wrote:I believe you, it just seems like more than it should be. I was just asking if maybe it was the fuel pump maybe not getting enough to the engine, or a misfire problem, or just because my intake needs to be cleaned.

The symptoms that you are telling me are all in result of your motor mounts. Trust me, if you had a misfire, you would know it

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, September 16, 2005 11:38 AM
what he said. trust us. we know what we are talking about.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search