2200 Port&Polish, need help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 Port&Polish, need help
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 11:24 PM
I need to know what to do with the intake runners? Im told that the stock size runner are a perfict match to the intake manifold (is this true?) and if so should I just have them polished and not matched? Need to know asap cuz Its heading to the shop in a few

Re: 2200 Port&Polish, need help
Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:53 AM
The best person to ask is the person doing the work for you. are you sending the intake manifold to be matched... i mean even if everyone comes back and says yes what if your car is the one exception to the rule. I say be safe and have it done.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:04 AM
2200 intake manifolds are plastic, not much to port

Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:30 AM
Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:33 AM
I know they are. I just had my head done and have it back in the car. Seems like i gained some good power from it but now want to do exhaust all the way back to really take advantage.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:40 AM
guess ill stop by the junkyard and get an extra intake manifold

Thursday, September 15, 2005 1:51 PM
Just make sure its the one you are going to use when you put it all back together... I know with the great advances in modern engineering they are all pretty damn close but this way it will be a perfect fit...
Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:20 PM
The only thing that porting the intake does besides improve the intack flow is to also raise the power band by dropping the velosity of the incoming air. Might I suggest opening the exhaust as much as you can and only "cleaning up" the intake side. This way you'll improve your flow but you wont be sacrificeing your low end torque too much.

Good Luck

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 5:13 PM
dont port exhaust as much as you can....

exhaust will need something to pulse against so it does NOT revert back into the head.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:03 PM
take poster board and trace the ports and cut them out and match it to the intake. then port match if need be. if the intake ports are bigger than the head. make a trace of the intake and match it to the head and match it to the intake template. make the exhaust ports as smooth as possible so carbon does not stick.

see ya!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:37 AM
So the intake runners are a perfect match to the manifold? So just polish it some?

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:54 AM
basicly yes on the 2200, i measured the runners on the head and manifold and they were both 1 1/2 inches, im sure with a micrometer you could get a close reading but polishing is good nuf.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:05 PM
shouldnt "polish" intake ports...

intake ports should be left rough to help with the atomization of fuel...

exhaust ports should be polished.

any porting kit you buy will tell you this which is the reason i posted the link above....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search