tachometer help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tachometer help
Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:10 AM
HELLLLLP!!! I am trying to hook up a tachometer in my 95 cavalier......if anyone can help me please do so!

caviman95@yahoo.com

Re: tachometer help
Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:42 AM
Not sure how to do it. Do you have an Auto or Manual

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:05 AM
you need a tach adapter if u already haven't got one, u can get one off rksport for $32
once u get that u just have to connect to the white wire to the red one and the black to the orange. coming off your i.c.m , pretty easy only took me about 1/2 an hour
Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:48 AM
yeah it is pretty easy to do with the wire connections. I simply bought the tach adapter from rksport like 3.5 years back and installed my 5-inch autometer tach on my dash, here is a picture of what it looks like! Good luck dude! -Kyle

Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:55 AM
I am in one of those moods.

Tach and Auto make no logical sense. The Rev limiter on the Auto is lower than the manual. If you say shifting in and Auto it has shown it is not that good plus i think someone went to a track and shifting a Auto on a Cav vs letting the computer do it make no difference. On a Auto a tach is really show.

Install is what they said above.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, September 15, 2005 11:21 AM
Actually the rev limiter's the same, just an unmodified auto will shift before red line.
Yes a tach does still have a purpose on an auto if you drag race. You need it to hold your launch rpm for consistanty and, on the 3sp to adjust the shift points with the TV cable. Also on the 3sp, if shifting manually, the tranny won't till you do, to include bouncing off the rev limiter.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 11:31 AM
Ok i guess you are right. But really how many people on here do all that.

all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search