Sould I use a piggy-back engine management system - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sould I use a piggy-back engine management system
Monday, September 05, 2005 10:03 AM
I was wondering would it be helpful if I ran a piggy-back engine management system on my car. Im not s/c or running turbo. Im doing n/a, maybe down the line I might turbo but untill then Im running n/a. I heared our cars run really lean. I was wondering would it be helpful. I was reading up on The Apeix S AFC-2 and also was reading up on the E-MANAGE - ENGINE CONTROL UNIT MANAGER from Greddy. And because I dont have a laptop I was also looking at PROFEC E-01 also. I also plan on useing nitrous, so would any of these systems be helpful or harmful

Beware the Rouge Dragon.

Re: Sould I use a piggy-back engine management sys
Monday, September 05, 2005 11:09 AM
If you don't have a laptop or a dyno and you aren't running any form of forced induction, go with the SAFC-2.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, September 05, 2005 6:28 PM
Whats the advantage of running the SAFC-2 on a N/A ecotec, I see ppl talk about useing it but wasent sure where it will help out.

Beware the Rouge Dragon.
Monday, September 05, 2005 7:34 PM
khaserwolf wrote:Whats the advantage of running the SAFC-2 on a N/A ecotec, I see ppl talk about useing it but wasent sure where it will help out.

an SAFC tune on a stock car has been known to net up to a 15 WHP gain... factory tunes suck

Monday, September 05, 2005 10:24 PM
Spotabee Racing wrote:
khaserwolf wrote:Whats the advantage of running the SAFC-2 on a N/A ecotec, I see ppl talk about useing it but wasent sure where it will help out.

an SAFC tune on a stock car has been known to net up to a 15 WHP gain... factory tunes suck

I HIGHLY doubt 15 whp just from stock tuning...maybe something out of it but that's about it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:43 AM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
Spotabee Racing wrote:

I HIGHLY doubt 15 whp just from stock tuning...maybe something out of it but that's about it.

I was there. The car was a 1994 Honda Prelude, H22 VTEC. It was bone stock. They tuned the car on the SAFC-2 and gained 15 whp.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:51 AM
Spotabee Racing wrote:
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
Spotabee Racing wrote:

I was there. The car was a 1994 Honda Prelude, H22 VTEC. It was bone stock. They tuned the car on the SAFC-2 and gained 15 whp.

I'm talking about on the ECOTEC, not a Honda Motor

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:54 AM
I am just saying. Factory tunes run rich. Factory tunes suck. Redo your fuel curves so you are pegging the top end of lean in the height of your powerband, and you will definitely notice more power. It's a good thing to tune this with a wideband also.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:44 AM
Spotabee Racing wrote:I am just saying. Factory tunes run rich. Factory tunes suck. Redo your fuel curves so you are pegging the top end of lean in the height of your powerband, and you will definitely notice more power. It's a good thing to tune this with a wideband also.

That is true...factory tuning does suck but whp is much just by adjusting fuel.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 12:51 PM
Hmmm Now im thinking of getting it. You guys made my day lol. I was told that I was a idiot for putting that on my car and that it wont do nothing. I had did some reading and thats why I posted up here.So has any one done this and had it tuned on a n/a before.

Beware the Rouge Dragon.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 1:12 PM
khaserwolf wrote:Hmmm Now im thinking of getting it. You guys made my day lol. I was told that I was a idiot for putting that on my car and that it wont do nothing. I had did some reading and thats why I posted up here.So has any one done this and had it tuned on a n/a before.

If you do get it, take it to a dyno shop and have them tune it for you or get an wideband and tune it yourself.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 1:28 PM
you have a better chance of gaining real power by tuning it on a dyno with a wideband vs street tuning (also known as the Butt Dyno)

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 3:09 PM
If your going turbo or SC later on it would be a good thing to have.
Im selling my emanage if you want to go that route.

Check out my classifieds im selling my emanage and turbo parts
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/33204/
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:14 PM
there is also a Megasquirt for sale in the classifieds for 250. The software download is free.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search