hi flo cat. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hi flo cat.
Monday, September 05, 2005 8:52 AM
I have a 2.25 hi flow catalytic converter that I am getting ready to put on, but my question is this. Right now I am not using a converter, they just put a resonator in. If I put the hi flow on will I lose power or gain? Also what about if I get the RK sport O2 sensor thing that is for running without the converter? Please let me kno

Re: hi flo cat.
Monday, September 05, 2005 9:41 AM
most usually gain....especially those not boosted...

read this article.... http://www.magnaflow.com/05news/magazine/05sportcpg04.asp mid page.... about cats...

as long as you are runnign straight through stuff, you shouldnt have a problem.

and seriously, read the article... i know i posted this in the FAQ.... alot of the things people ask here can already be answered if they would simply take 5-10 minutes and read something rather than waiting till a problem occurs and then being clueless on it.

unless you are boosted you really have no reason to run without a converter... performance wise really.

Re: hi flo cat.
Monday, September 05, 2005 11:12 AM
exactly what event said. you are better off running the high flow cat than just a resonator. now, if you had a turbo or supercharger, it'd do very well with that decrease in backpressure, however, you need your low end torque so definitely. use the cat.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search