getting rid of knock retard... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
getting rid of knock retard...
Sunday, September 04, 2005 5:08 PM
Did some datalogging last night, and at the top of 3rd I'm showing a constant 6* of knock retard. I've got a 1999 Sunfire with the 2.4L. For mods, I have a TOBoyz CAI, ported and polished head w/ 3-angle valve job, secret cam swap, pacesetter header, high flow cat, resonator, and 2.5" exhuast. I'm running premium, and I have a coolant additive to help my car run cooler. Back about 6 months ago, I had thrown two codes from my knock sensor, but those have since gone away. Some people have mentioned that I may need to check the gap on my plugs, I was also thinking about fuel pressure. Any suggestions anyone has to help me try to reduce the knock retard would be fantastic, thanks in advance.

Re: getting rid of knock retard...
Sunday, September 04, 2005 5:14 PM
Give this thread a read and see what you think http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=80168&t=79988#80168...

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Sunday, September 04, 2005 5:16 PM
having some knock retard is normal , ive had alot in the heat with my a/c , the 2.4 is a noisey motor , more so the older it gets

Sunday, September 04, 2005 6:13 PM
for example, Ian Brydon on here has essentially the same mods as myself, he's raised his fuel pressure, possibly motor mounts. Engines have close to identical mileage. He's seeing 0* of knock, where as I'm seeing 6*.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search