thermastat - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
thermastat
Sunday, September 04, 2005 2:36 PM
what is the best temp thermastat to use performance wise? note i will b boosting my car soon also. 2200 engine. i was thinkin a 160-180degree

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Re: thermastat
Sunday, September 04, 2005 2:39 PM
I believe no matter what your doing, it should still meet in the middle of whatever your thermastat says because your car should be running at that temperature.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, September 04, 2005 6:40 PM
well the haney manual says 195 but i thought that it would be better for performance if i lowered the degree.

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Sunday, September 04, 2005 6:50 PM
wont help ya out computer will go crazy and it wont work
Sunday, September 04, 2005 7:04 PM
Engines were meant to operate at a certain temp, leave it as it is. BTW, you already have a 180 degree thermostat.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, September 04, 2005 10:48 PM
i took mine completely out and it still over heats in traffic cause the intercooler is blocking half the radiator. but when its cold outside, it runs super strong cause its pumping in more fuel. the best thing to do IMO is to put the factory thermostat back in and get an extra radiator fan (if you only have one fan) and make it run all the time if you want.

Monday, September 05, 2005 12:22 AM
no thermistant is cause alone for over heating cause the coolant never gets to cool

running anything lower than the stock t-stat , is useless !!!!!!!!!!

our computer is set to run with the stock temp rating , and it will run rich and cause alot of problems if you try to use a lower 1 , WITH OUT REPROGRAMING THE COMPUTER

and geee we dont have a way to reprogram our pcm yet , so its worthless

Monday, September 05, 2005 1:10 PM
you might want to put your thermastat back in there JustinsEcotec because if not your going to have problems with your headgasket and your head because right now I am working on a sunfire that i bought from a kid that overheated his motor because he didnt have enought coolant or thermastat in the car.

Midwest Computer Center Opening Up Soon In Decatur Indiana
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search