Bypass valve worth getting? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bypass valve worth getting?
Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:33 PM
Not sure if this was the right place to post but it goes on the intake which is performance so i figured here. if not im sorry. ok so i got the AEM CAI off of gravana. nice intake sits right in the front bumper, it doesnt come with a bypass valve and is really easy to install but do i need it? i know it prevents water from entering your engine, but where the filter is located i cannot see water getting into there. i dont drive thru oceans of water but any little puddle COULD do damage. but is it worth getting? just looking for some opinions or i was there stories kinda thing. thanks.

Re: Bypass valve worth getting?
Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:57 PM
There have been plenty of people I know who have an AEM intake system and they have never had any issues with it in rain conditions. They have even said that it's pretty difficult to get water inside your motor.

Here is another thread about this topic if you want to read it...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=289178&t=289178#289178

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:30 PM
not really unless you plan to be submerged...

from quite a few places testing it, it really doesnt work until fully submerged....

quite a few have hydrolocked their engine....reallly depends on where you live.

Friday, September 02, 2005 5:29 AM
i live in connecticut where summers arent bad as far as heavy rains, but winter can get pretty rough here. and lol this is my winter car turned project car so it will be driven in any snow storm that happens to fall between my days of work. the only time i can see anything getting in there is if someones in front of me kicking up slush and snow off their rear tires other than that i think its in a great spot. both of you guys seem to agree with me as far as being ok with out it. thankx for the info nj and event

Friday, September 02, 2005 6:06 AM
you'll be fine without it.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search