performance ideas and questions... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
performance ideas and questions...
Thursday, September 01, 2005 12:32 PM
Hey guys, i just got my exhaust done and i got a 2.5 inch compression bent system, but i need to just get a header and then finish it. I got a mag. oval muffler and then mag. cat. I know ive heard you can lose power from using 2.5 unless your boosting. Well i dont have any plans for boost any time soon. I was wondering if you think my 2.5 pipe is fine because its compression bent and i figure it would go to about 2.25 inch on the bends and well your exhaust is only as big as its smallest part right? It doesnt feel like im losing any power, if any thing i can feel more but i was just wondering if anybody else has a 2.5 inch compression bent system and how theres is. I am getting a pacesetter header here soon enough and im also thinking about getting a lighter crank pully. The Bomz pully looks pretty good. Does anyone have any expierence with pullies...and how do you like them. By the way i was hit today leaving the gas station by some girl on her cell phone and not even looking. She scuffed the hell out of my bumper so now i have to deal with that but there is no way it could be my fault so we'll see. i was just sitting there stopped and she turned right into me. WEll i just thought i would share....thannks a bunch

Re: performance ideas and questions...
Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:22 PM
Does your system sound throarty or high pitched?

Thanks

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:43 PM
what kind of engine you have?
i heard several times that you can actually gain a few more HP if you use 2.5 inch pipe on either a 2.4 or an Eco

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:51 PM
Your exhaust is probably perfect, if not over kill on your car. Good luck dealin with the hit though..
Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:24 PM
I have the 2.4L engine and then for my exhaust its a little raspy when its not warmed up but then its ok til i really get on it. Im thinking a good 18-20 inch resonator will fix that.
Friday, September 02, 2005 5:02 AM
i have the same thing. mine is raspy at start up. but it sounds good after it warms up

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, September 02, 2005 7:48 AM
With compression bent you never lose piping diameter. The diameter stays the same throughout. Compression bent vs mandrel bent just means it changes to a more oval shape in the bends while mandrel stays perfectly circular. Crush bent is where you get restrictions through the bends. With 2.5 your low end torque won't be as great as it would be with 2.25 but your top end will be somewhat better. if the sound gets too old for you, there is always the option of a resonator. If you want a crank pulley, the only option is the RSM Racing pulley. Lightest pulley on the market and stock size so your charging system is not affected. Don't waste money on ebay pullies man. And speaking of bumpers... I have a 95-99 Cavalier Blitz rear bumper and side skirts laying around should you want to take that route. Just get ahold of me.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search