RKSport single tip - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RKSport single tip
Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:03 PM
Anyone here have the RKSport single tip catback setup? If you do can you please post your pictures and or sound clips of it. Also what do you guys think of it.

Re: RKSport single tip
Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:15 PM
Only problem with their cat-backs (if you are very picky on the sound) is that they don't come with resonators and they tend to give a raspy tone because of that. Other than that, it's basically 2 1/4 piping with a Magnaflow muffler.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:17 PM
any recommendations for other choices?

Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:24 PM
Scotty B wrote:any recommendations for other choices?

I always recommend Magnaflow's cat-back, Borla's cat-back or build your own cat-back setup by picking a muffler you like, a nice long resonator and finding a shop that will do compression or medrel bends.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:29 PM
Friday, September 02, 2005 2:42 PM
njhk, does the borla, or magnaflow catback come with a catback?

and for warranty concerns, are any/all/some of the catbacks out there CARB approved?

thanks again to anyone who has any information for me.
Friday, September 02, 2005 2:58 PM
Dan wrote:njhk, does the borla, or magnaflow catback come with a catback?

and for warranty concerns, are any/all/some of the catbacks out there CARB approved?

thanks again to anyone who has any information for me.

Their cat-backs come with exactly that...the piping, resonator & muffler already together...you just have to bolt it right up when you install it. Contact those companies to see if they are CARB approved but I believe they are. As far as your warranty, if you have engine problems, they would have to prove that your cat-back caused it (which they couldn't).

Friday, September 02, 2005 3:02 PM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:Only problem with their cat-backs (if you are very picky on the sound) is that they don't come with resonators and they tend to give a raspy tone because of that. Other than that, it's basically 2 1/4 piping with a Magnaflow muffler.

couldnt he just add his own resonator, thats what i plan on doing

Friday, September 02, 2005 4:05 PM
Tony Wise(emokidpsy) wrote:
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:Only problem with their cat-backs (if you are very picky on the sound) is that they don't come with resonators and they tend to give a raspy tone because of that. Other than that, it's basically 2 1/4 piping with a Magnaflow muffler.

couldnt he just add his own resonator, thats what i plan on doing

Yes, that is true, he can just add his own resonator. My whole thing is that if I'm going to spend all this money on a cat-back, why should have to change parts or add parts?

If you really want to purchase a pre-made cat-back setup, purchase one with everything you want. If you don't care necessarily about the sound, than adding a resonator shouldn't matter. I personally don't have a resonator on my car and I'm happy with the sound of it.

Friday, September 02, 2005 6:15 PM
Does anyone know a shop that sells just the exhaust piping?

Tach Out Motorsport
Http://www.team-tachout.com/
Falmouth,VA
Friday, September 02, 2005 8:49 PM
see, i would be looking for something that fits very close to stock, so that i clear speedbumps and everything(which i do now...barely)

i would also want something to sound pretty close to stock, especially around idle, but maybe have some balls when you get on it. i would like something deeper sounding, that is my concern with the resonator.

as for the warranty, i thought that the parts all had to be CARB approved, or is that just for emissions purposes. so as long as i touch nothing between the throttle body and the cat, i should be fine as far as warranty on my powertrain?

thanks again for everyone's responses

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search