Ecotec Adjustable Cam Gears - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Adjustable Cam Gears
Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:58 PM

Re: Ecotec Adjustable Cam Gears
Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:02 PM
Killa I believe tried them. But the general consensious is a big NO. Our engine's timing is set up perfect from the factory even with after market cams. Don't waste your money.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:05 PM
alright thanks didnt think that any timing needed to be advanced. but thought i would check also thought there would be others out there wondering to. do you have any idea why in gms performance book why they suggest that in there build up of the eco? thats the man reason i considered it because that was one of the first things they did and suggested
Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:10 PM
The G.M. book in wich you refer tells you how to build an all out 1000hp race engine that is good for like 10,000rpm's. So unless your building something that nutz its just not needed.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:11 PM
lol alright i never looked through it all just till they got the s/c and then stopped looking at it after that not going that route rather go turbo but thanks again
Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:01 PM
Has anyone tried adj. cam gears on an ECO w/ boost? I will be boosted soon and I have a set of the gears just laying around...

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:02 PM
jackalope wrote:Killa I believe tried them. But the general consensious is a big NO. Our engine's timing is set up perfect from the factory even with after market cams. Don't waste your money.

Just saw this thread...

I never personally tried them but I did research and asked around to people who had them and found that (like you said) our timing is pretty much dead on but might be some good use if you boost. The only pain in the ass is that you have to remove the valve cover everytime you want to change/adjust your timing...sounds like alot of time on the dyno.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, September 02, 2005 12:16 AM
Got 5 sets sitting out back... much cheaper than what GM offers it for . . . . let me know if anyone is interested.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search