Eco - Cams or finish exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eco - Cams or finish exhaust
Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:53 PM
ok i need some help here as to what to do. i have an 05 cavy with dual flow-master exhaust and intake and b&m short shifter. I guess the question is should i go with cams and which ones would you recommend doing and do i need to know any specs for install or when ordering them and what would they be. Also who much do you think install would be for them as i would want to have it professionally done to ensure it is done correctly and any defects i could fall back on them instead of being out of luck completely. or should i go with a 4-2-1 header from rk sport and a high flow cat. would much labor or an estimate for install on the header as well. i could prob do it just dont have the time or patience to do it lol. Then 2 weeks after that get rsm tb. any comments or opinions would be helpful.

Re: Eco - Cams or finish exhaust
Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:12 PM
I would finish the exhaust first. I would also do mounts and a pulley before cams.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:32 PM
alright and any guess for cost of install for the header or shop time needed to install. basically why i ask is so i dont get ripped off when i go to get it put in and then be pissed at myself for not taking the time to ask around
Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:37 PM
first, finish the exhaust....but get the Pacesetter header. It's less expensive and a one piece design---which eliminates the leak that some people get between the 2 pieces of the RK header. Get a magnaflow cat that is OBD II compatible also.

Next I would get the TB. I was gonna get cams, but I want to investigate to see if they will help or hurt gas mileage (gas prices are crazy!)---so I may hold off on those till the prices fall back a little. (my car is a daily driver) You can find TB cheaper than RSM---search around this forum.

as for install, that is going to vary from shop to shop--so call around. The install on the Pacesetter is very easy btw.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:40 PM
finish exhaust first. pacesetter header, high flo cat.

you can do the install of header and cat yourself if you have some brains. then call your local exhaust place and have them weld on together

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:43 PM
ok and i know everyone is going to jump all over this but where can i get it the best price what webite other than ebay. and should i go with 4-2-1 as my understanding it better for lower rmps and 4-1 is for higher rpms is that correct. and help with finding a magnaflow high flow cat where to buy that at sorry for not searching just short on time and any adjustments that need to be done for the cat so i dont throw codes as in a 02 sim do i need that or just install the cat and see if codes are thrown. and where can i get a tb cheaper i know you said to just search around but i never have any luck with that. thanks
Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:48 PM
you see that thread at the top of this forum saying READ BEFORE POSTING
read that, you will get lots of info and links to whatyou are looking for.
you can always get your TB bored out by a machine shop

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:51 PM
ya but dont you have to do something to the plate to make it work correctly.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search