is a belttensioner tool required? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
is a belttensioner tool required?
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 6:25 PM
Is a belt tensior tool required when changing pulleys? The reason i ask is because i started to install my rk sport underive pulley and the space between the metal on the side and the engine seemd very small and the person taht was helping me said i wouod need one of these tools? is there any other tool that i could use besides this?

Re: is a belttensioner tool required?
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 6:26 PM
you should remove the belt before you remove a pulley... thats alot of tension...

you can use a wrench but the tool makes it easier.... 10$ is worth a tool to last a long time.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 6:32 PM
where can ya get the tool?

2.340 - 60,
16.591 @ 80.52 - 1/4

Guesswho69000@hotmail.com
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 6:36 PM
same place auto parts are sold......

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:18 PM
Yeah it's worth it. Another tip is once you have the belt off, just leave the rod on the tensioner and let the bar rest on the metal part on top of the radiator and headlights. I've taken it off before and the tensior fell down to far to be able to get it at an angle great enough to be able to get the belt back on. Belt's hate me. I've changed one my entire life that went perfectly smooth.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:43 AM
i just use a... um... what size is it i can't remember, i just changed the belt a few weeks ago... i think it's a 15mm wrench. get the wrench on the tensioner, push it clockwise and relieve the tension on the belt. yank it off. when doing it this way it's easiest to have 2 people involved. one to hold the wrench and one to adjust the belt.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search