Tranny question? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tranny question?
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:06 AM
Looking into doing the ecotec and 5-Speed swap into my 2000 2200OHV with an auto.....My one question after searching the forums all night is will the tranny bolt up to my car sience it is a 00+ or do i still need to weld in the rear mounts if i swap in the 5-Speed?

-Coming Soon

Re: Tranny question?
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:57 AM
Ok, I believe your saying that you want to swap the ECOTEC motor and tranny into your 2000 car. Yes, it will fit fine, all of the 3rd gen cars have the same amount of engine bay space and area for the transmission. You will need the mounts from the donor car you have OR you can just buy new polyurethane transmission mounts, either or, you will need it.

Here is a place you can get the mounts:

ECOTEC 5-speed polyurethane motor mounts - $50

Good luck with the swap.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:54 AM
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 11:04 AM
Sorry, i guess i worded that a little wrong.... i Know the engine will fit, just need the new upper mount...my question is i know that when you swap the trans into the pre 00+ cars(95-99) you have to cut out the tranny mounts out of the donner car and into the 95-99, i was just wondering if this is the case with the 00+ cars, or if the mounts staied the same for 00+ reguardless of auto or 5-Speed trans

-Coming Soon
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:17 PM
cavy1548 wrote:Sorry, i guess i worded that a little wrong.... i Know the engine will fit, just need the new upper mount...my question is i know that when you swap the trans into the pre 00+ cars(95-99) you have to cut out the tranny mounts out of the donner car and into the 95-99, i was just wondering if this is the case with the 00+ cars, or if the mounts staied the same for 00+ reguardless of auto or 5-Speed trans

Being that your going from a Auto transmission to having a manual transmission, your talking about 2 different types of tranny mounts, so yes, you need those mounts buy aftermarket ones.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search