Oil pan gasket - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil pan gasket
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 7:55 PM
thought i'd post this in here since not very many people resopnd in the other one too quickly. im hving my oil pan gasket looked at again because it was worked on n it leaks more now with a new one then the old busted one. so my question is if i change it i have to remove the lower ngine mount, in doing so will the motor stay in place like it is or not without the lower mount in place? also if i haveta do it i want to put something around the the outside of the pan where the gasket goes to make sure it dont leak anymore so what is some sealer stuff i could get to do this?

2.340 - 60,
16.591 @ 80.52 - 1/4

Guesswho69000@hotmail.com

Re: Oil pan gasket
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:43 AM
Have you ever read a service manual or even a Haynes/Chiltons? They give you step by step directions for things like this.

Its much easier than you're making it out to be, and if you had someone else do a new gasket for you, why wouldn't you take it back since they didn't fix it?

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:49 AM
what material is the gasket?? Think about using some gasket sealer when u install it....make sure it is oil safe. I work at Advance and have ppl ask me this same question everyday.

The sealer is made by permatex (sp?)

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:16 PM
ok so if i take out the bottom engine mount will the engine stay put n not fall on top of me? and no ive never read the Haynes/Chiltons manuals. what are they?

2.340 - 60,
16.591 @ 80.52 - 1/4

Guesswho69000@hotmail.com
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:31 PM
the gasket is like a silicon matterial and a metal ring. as long as the top mount is on its not gonna go anywhere.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search