Check Engine Light Codes - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Check Engine Light Codes
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 2:28 PM
Okay so the codes I am throwing are as follows:

133- O2 sensor slow response(Bank 1 sensor 1)
141- O2 Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank1 sensor 2)

Now what? Can someone explain this to me. I think 133 is refering to my front sensor that goes below my header . Does this mean it needs to be replaced? 141 I am guessing refers to my sensor just after the cat. Does malfunction mean it too needs to be replaced? What does Bank 1 refer to? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Check Engine Light Codes
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 2:31 PM
Go to rksport and get an O2 simulator if its bank 2. I have had the same problem before with the one on the header. Just replace it. Bank 1 means the first O2 sensor thats on your header. Bank 2 is the one on the cat.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 3:25 PM
dont get an o2 sim if you plan to still run the cat....

reason, o2 sims tell the comp, everything is cool. if the cat does clog, obviously that sensor will tell you its clogged... an o2 sim will not. so the computer will see bank 2 reading fine, but bank 1 will be like WTF cause things arent flowing right. causing false cels from bank 1.... i know this first hand.

bank 2 o2 sensors cost about 45-60$

bank 1 sensors cost about 16-25$

bank 1 sensor is in the exhaust manifold or header

bank two is after the cat converter.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 4:00 PM
Okay, still a little confused about Bank and Sensor. If Bank 1 refers to the first sensor...what does Sensor 1and 2 mean? My other concern is why did these codes get thrown is it the sensor itself or is something causing the sensor to code?
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 4:37 PM
Actually Bank 1 refers to V8's having a left and right side. For us it will always say bank 1, and then sensor 1, or sensor 2. Sensor 1 is the one before the cat, sensor 2 the one after the cat.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 5:36 PM
uh huh das rite!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 6:42 PM
Okay that makes sense. One last question...it sounds like whenever a code is thrown with an O2 sensor the solution is to replace it. It doesn't make sense to me because if that were true why bother having different codes for the sensor...why not just have one code number that says '666-your screwed replace me'.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 6:55 PM
Black 3Z wrote:Okay that makes sense. One last question...it sounds like whenever a code is thrown with an O2 sensor the solution is to replace it. It doesn't make sense to me because if that were true why bother having different codes for the sensor...why not just have one code number that says '666-your screwed replace me'.

Your code you are getting for sensor 2 (141- O2 Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank1 sensor). That sensor has a built in heater, for some reason it is not working.

As for the first sensor, other things can make it read different. With the code you are getting (133- O2 sensor slow response) that is probably your sensor. there is other codes for it, high circut, or low circut. Which could mean running rich or lean, and other things can cause that. Most of the time it is the sensor it's self. If you had another sensor bad causing the car to run lean or rich then you would have a code for that.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:20 PM
Thanks for taking the time to explain John. Much appreciated.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:58 PM
No problem.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search