quick ? on exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick ? on exhaust
Sunday, August 07, 2005 8:59 AM
ok guys i need a little newbie help here.. just wonder if this would work on my car and what it consists of....

http://www.carcustoms.net/product_info.php?cPath=265_22_32_598&products_id=119

i was looking at them headers. i wanted to know if it comes with the flex pipe or would i need to get the engine mounts so i dont screw up my headers? btw i have a 2001 2200 coupe.

i was also going to get high flow cat and an obx b3 muffler. the part i am wondering about is would i have to get the custom bent exhaust from the cat back right? all the cat backs out there on the market dont appeal to me so i figured i would make my own setup

thanks for the help

ZeRo
2001 Chevy Cavalier

Re: quick ? on exhaust
Sunday, August 07, 2005 10:31 AM
You could use that header if you wanted I have an 01 2200 as well and went with a wraped pace setter header and 2.25 piping and had my local exhaust shop make the rest up for me. You will save money by having it made up for you locally.

If i could recomend some things it would be add a resonator if you want to take some of the raspyness out of the exhaust sound, 2.5 in is as big as most would go with an n/a setup so you dont loose power unless you were going to go turbo down the line. Try and get mandrel or compression bends stay away from the crush bends.

If you are goingto get the header and exhaust made up, you should invest in some motor mounts to keep the engine from moving around so much this way you wont need a flexpipe and you will but more power to the wheels insted of the motor rocking in the engine bay. You will get more vibrations from the mounts worse if you have an auto i've heard but but chances are you can live with it. To get an idea of what you can do try searching some of the forums as this is a very frequent question and myself and others respond frequently.

Sunday, August 07, 2005 7:50 PM
so what you are saying is get them headers and get mounts and no flex pipe and just get the cat back made at a local shop?

also do the headers go back to the cat?

ZeRo
2001 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, August 08, 2005 8:19 PM
anybody else??

ZeRo
2001 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, August 08, 2005 8:30 PM
headers go to the cat.

get the mounts, add in a flex pipe for extra insurance.

also dont forget the resonator.

Monday, August 08, 2005 8:39 PM
ok thanks i was thinking of doing the flex just in case anyway but thanks for clearing the headers going to back to the car for me

ZeRo
2001 Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 10:58 AM
its not welded to the cat is it? its bolted right?

ZeRo
2001 Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 12:47 PM
should be welded.... comes with clamps though....

or you can get adapters if you want a bolt together type flange at any auto parts store.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search