All egine dynoed - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
All egine dynoed
Monday, August 08, 2005 7:07 PM
Wondering who has rebuilt their engine, either 2.2 or 2.4 and had it dynoed. Can u list what u did and what u put on to get ur hp. I have a 97 2.2, found a rebuilt kit wiesco pistons and such, head with 1mm oversize valves, not sure about a cam yet. Do this and add headers, 52mm tb, bigger exhaust 2.5, msd coils and box, air intake. Saw a thread that someon dynoed there car and got like 107whp, no rebuilt just add ons. Wondering what i could expect with a rebuilt. I belive new the cav was rated at 120, if its rebuilt and add ons, should i expect at least 160 at the fly? More or less. Maybe s/c or turbo later. I was told to keep the compression at 9.5 if i go turbo, but what about s/c. Does it apply the same to it. Whats the stock compression 10.1?

Re: All egine dynoed
Monday, August 08, 2005 7:16 PM
isnt a 52 mm tB stock?

Monday, August 08, 2005 7:19 PM
also what can you expect with a rebuilt?

dude realistically thers no REAL way of telling. the sky is the limit. depending on the size of the pistons, how much comp ratio is, etc...

stock on a 2.2 is like 8.85:1

turbos usually are done with lower compression, but it all depends on how your fuel and air will be (keep from detonation)

but just because you list misc parts, people cant tell you how much power you will make.

every engine is different. only way to know is build it and dyno it yourself.

Monday, August 08, 2005 10:29 PM
Sorry the size bigger 56mm and the question was those who have rebuilt their engines and have dynoed them. What was their outcome? I know there is no way of knowing what a rebuilt and addons will get unitl u do it. Question: Those who have rebuilt their engines, have u dynoed itand what were ur results. Not very hard to answer this question is it.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 12:12 AM
Al wrote:Sorry the size bigger 56mm and the question was those who have rebuilt their engines and have dynoed them. What was their outcome? I know there is no way of knowing what a rebuilt and addons will get unitl u do it. Question: Those who have rebuilt their engines, have u dynoed itand what were ur results. Not very hard to answer this question is it.

well that kinda depends on power adders, compression ratio, general motor condition, etc etc... just pick a project and go with it.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search