rotary??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rotary???
Monday, August 08, 2005 4:42 PM
what are the possibilities of dropping a rotary rx-7 motor in and swapping the auto tranny for a hydraulic jdm tranny and ecu in a 99 cavy? my engine is screwedddddd yet again... need another motor quick... any suggestions would be very helpful... whether i can do it or not. or another motor i can drop in w/o any problems.............thanks for reading at least.........

mostly STOCK...not for too long '99 Cavy

Re: rotary???
Monday, August 08, 2005 5:15 PM
anything is possible with money....

as for quick....

well lets see... you dont have a driveshaft... so be prepared to cut the chassis a bit, then reinforce...

rotorays arent stock, so be prepared to sit down and figure out wiring schematics...

transmission is different, a bit more cutting....

dont have a rear wheel drive car.... be prepared to do that conversion....

also with all this you are gonna have to change the suspension.

in reality... doesnt sound quick at all does it.

quickest thing, go to junkyard find another of the exact same, install. granting the motor still runs, thats about as fast as you are gonna get anything done realistiacally.

pretty hard to damage a 2200, what exactly are you doing to make it..."yet again"

Monday, August 08, 2005 5:30 PM
I also wondered about the rotary. it is conciveable with some fitting..and a lot of addapters you could make it fit.... of course the jegs cavi funny car also has like 8000 hp...and running a 572...so yeah anything is conciveable...but cash and time always enters the equation.

cheers
Monday, August 08, 2005 6:48 PM
hahahahaha if you can't keep a regular piston engine in one piece you'll be blowing apex seals left and right in a rotary. Last i checked theres no fwd trans available for one either.

So, as i say in every thread like this that comes up:

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK ON THE INTERNET, YOU LACK THE SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE NECESSARY TO DO IT

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, August 08, 2005 7:10 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:hahahahaha if you can't keep a regular piston engine in one piece you'll be blowing apex seals left and right in a rotary. Last i checked theres no fwd trans available for one either.

So, as i say in every thread like this that comes up:

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK ON THE INTERNET, YOU LACK THE SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE NECESSARY TO DO IT

Monday, August 08, 2005 7:19 PM
I don't want to discourage you, if you decide to get into some hard work, I wish you luck.. But I'm not a fan of those engines swap, especially when it's not an engine of the same brand than the car... Good luck...

Monday, August 08, 2005 7:26 PM
Nytemare wrote:I also wondered about the rotary. it is conciveable with some fitting..and a lot of addapters you could make it fit.... of course the jegs cavi funny car also has like 8000 hp...and running a 572...so yeah anything is conciveable...but cash and time always enters the equation.

cheers

You make a good point but the jegs cavi doesent use the J chasis. The only thing that even looks similar is the body
Monday, August 08, 2005 8:38 PM
do any of you know why the RX-7 was quick the 2nd gen FC3S was very this alluminum body bolted to lightweight alloy subframe, 146hp and "138ftlbs" easily achieveable power out of even a 2200 and not to mention the rotary makes that at about 7000rpm and mazda put 3.90 to 4.10 gears in the rear end so the engine would stay in the high RPM. but enough history plain and simple not a good setup for the car better off building what's in there the only FWD app ive heard of so far is civics useing them and those were BUILT engine too many variables not worth the time effort and of course CASH

Monday, August 08, 2005 8:41 PM
Xtreme Nick wrote:do any of you know why the RX-7 was quick the 2nd gen FC3S was very this alluminum body bolted to lightweight alloy subframe, 146hp and "138ftlbs" easily achieveable power out of even a 2200 and not to mention the rotary makes that at about 7000rpm and mazda put 3.90 to 4.10 gears in the rear end so the engine would stay in the high RPM. but enough history plain and simple not a good setup for the car better off building what's in there the only FWD app ive heard of so far is civics useing them and those were BUILT engine too many variables not worth the time effort and of course CASH

didnt give us a chance to answer!!!!!

Monday, August 08, 2005 8:41 PM
I've heard bad thing about the reliability of the RX7 motors, such as valve seals...... This is probably why there's a guy here in Qu�bec that have an RX7 with a Chevrolert 350 in his car

Monday, August 08, 2005 8:43 PM
Qu�bec this is Quebec, but it f***** up

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 12:24 AM
please do not attempt this swap. you would most likely ruin a perfectly good wankel.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 5:31 AM
Da Ghost (Qc) wrote:I've heard bad thing about the reliability of the RX7 motors, such as valve seals...... This is probably why there's a guy here in Qu�bec that have an RX7 with a Chevrolert 350 in his car

no valve seals.............hell no valves either.

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:00 AM
Forget about the valves seals, I didn't read after I wrote and I sort of mixed 2 infos together Tonight I'm going to sleep a lot sooner

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 3:14 PM
apex seals. very coomon problem.

Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search