Removing Catalytic Convertor - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Removing Catalytic Convertor
Saturday, August 06, 2005 8:40 PM
I just got my pacesetter header installed on my 02 2200 Cavalier. AS well as I have had the Rksport Catback. Now I am looking to replace the missing link inbetween. I was wanting to get rid of the convertor but I have heard that it will mess with my 02 sensor reading. Now I have got the 02 simulator and I have had it installed before and it threw my check engine light on. With my convertor still installed. Is there anyway to check the simulator to ensure that it is working properly? It is the one from rksport and there is a red led on it. Is it suppose to be on when it is working or what? Also does running a straight pipe make the car extremely loud? another question I was wanting to install a afr gauge and am unsure which wire is the signal output wire can anyone help?

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG

Re: Removing Catalytic Convertor
Saturday, August 06, 2005 8:53 PM
Running straight pipe on an N/A car won't benefit you in any way. It will be extremely loud (especially if you have a bigger overall exhaust system), you will be putting more uncleaned exhaust in the air, you won't pass inspection & you won't gain any power from doing this.

My suggestion is either put your stock cat back on or purchase an Magnaflow High-Flow cat and not run into any future problems from just a small part.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, August 06, 2005 9:18 PM
I heard that RK Sports O2 simulator was crap, but you're better to get the info from someone who bought it too, probably someone here did. As for the cat, your catback is probably bigger than your stock line, true? If yes you're better to put a cat with the same size. I have 2.25" all the way. Pacesetter header, Magnaflow Hi-Flow cat, Vibrant 18" resonator and Vibrant catback. If you only put a cat, you should have enough room to put it back.

Saturday, August 06, 2005 9:52 PM
my convertor I believe has 2.25 after the convertor itself. It then attaches to the catback which is 2.25. My problem was that the Pacesetter header I installed came with a pipe (2.25) that attached to the header and went down and reduced to 1.75. Now the pipe right before the convertor is 1.75 as well. Since the pipe from the stock maifold goes all the way back and has the convertor on it as well. I had to cut it and I cut it too short. So I scrapped a 2.25 pipe and cut it length to fit the small gap and clamped it in there. (temporarily) But as I was coming home last night I was doing about 65 and I heard a loud bang and as I suspected the pipe has flew off. So with my exhaust rigged up with a bungi I made it home. I am going to go to a shop and get some welding down. I was wanting to go with a high flo convertor but didn't really want to shovel out 150 to 200 bucks for one.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Saturday, August 06, 2005 11:50 PM
justmagnaflow.com

i swear, if people just took the time to read the FAQ at the top of the forum, you would see high flow converters are cheaper than most mufflers. 67$ shipped.

Sunday, August 07, 2005 7:26 AM
ebay 55 shipped

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search