How the 2nd O2 sensor work??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How the 2nd O2 sensor work???
Saturday, July 30, 2005 6:22 AM
There's are 4 wires, 2 for heating, 1 for reading and what's the other one???

The simulator is just resistors really and I don't want to pay 65$ for resistors. If I lower the voltage from the sending wire, I can clear the code right? kinda like the first 02 sensor. It must work on a 0-1 or 0-5 Volts circuit so lowering the voltage will be like making the ecm think the cat is working or that I have a sensor.

Anyone know how it works and could explain me?

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Re: How the 2nd O2 sensor work???
Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:06 AM
don't know if its different on your to to an eco but I know on an eco an 02 simulator is not just resistors, the computer needs to see varying voltage still or it throws a CEL, just a heads up

Saturday, July 30, 2005 8:04 AM
that's part of what I wanted to know

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Monday, August 01, 2005 6:26 PM
Are you trying to keep it form throwing a code?

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 10:26 AM
yep. The car has a cat but when we changed the cat, I cut the wire of the O2 sensor because we couldn't find the plug in front. The wires are back together and it will throw a code. It was fine at first but during winter, the salt corode the connection and it ws throwing a code. My father redid the connection and it's still throwing a code.

Now a new sensor is 195$ CAD. The simulator is 75$ USD I think witch is pretty close to 90-95$CAD.

I could get a used sensor for less than that at a scrap yard but it can still fail. So I wanted to build one like I build my tach adapter. The tach adapter is around what 50-70$ ? and it only cost 5$ to build so it's a big rip off. The simulator is probably the same thing. Diode and resistance.

That's why I wanted to know how it was working.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 10:33 AM
well the 2 wiers are for the heaer, the 3ed is so the o2 has a ground, and th epurple wire is charged, an o2 works by gererating electrisety in milivolts, the computer reads this.. IE hoter= leaner with more heat comes more m-volts... Mitchell has a really good explation on how this works... this is really all i can rember.

chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:00 AM
Mfk-223 wrote:yep. The car has a cat but when we changed the cat, I cut the wire of the O2 sensor because we couldn't find the plug in front. The wires are back together and it will throw a code. It was fine at first but during winter, the salt corode the connection and it ws throwing a code. My father redid the connection and it's still throwing a code.

Now a new sensor is 195$ CAD. The simulator is 75$ USD I think witch is pretty close to 90-95$CAD.

I could get a used sensor for less than that at a scrap yard but it can still fail. So I wanted to build one like I build my tach adapter. The tach adapter is around what 50-70$ ? and it only cost 5$ to build so it's a big rip off. The simulator is probably the same thing. Diode and resistance.

That's why I wanted to know how it was working.

I have one of those O2 sims (electrical one) that will only work right for about 3-4 weeks. I;m not using it anymore, I would be willing to get rid of it real cheap, if you want ot cut into it.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search