Need help MSD coils - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help MSD coils
Thursday, July 28, 2005 10:27 PM
I have a 2000 chevy cav with the 2200 I4 , I installed the coils today and for some reason my engine is bogging out when I floor it . Dont know whats going on , can someone give me the firing order for this motor and what gap would be best for the engine . I might have possibly mixed the firing order . Please help

Re: Need help MSD coils
Friday, July 29, 2005 1:09 AM
if you mixed up the order, you would have atleast two cylinders not firing, and the engine would barely run at all. if you think you have it mixed up, go one by one, pulling plug wires and seeing the effect on the engine. if you pull it, and the engine starts missing, then your wiring is fine. if you pull it and the engine still runs the same as it was before, then its wrong. but i'm sure you notice a problem at idle if you were getting wrong sparks.

Friday, July 29, 2005 5:15 AM
David Rubal wrote:I have a 2000 chevy cav with the 2200 I4 , I installed the coils today and for some reason my engine is bogging out when I floor it . Dont know whats going on , can someone give me the firing order for this motor and what gap would be best for the engine . I might have possibly mixed the firing order . Please help

use stock gap and 1-3-4-2

Friday, July 29, 2005 10:23 AM
actually that may not be true I ran my car out of firing order for almost 6 months and it drove just fine! dont ask how but the damn thing sure did

Friday, July 29, 2005 12:02 PM
Phlatcav wrote:actually that may not be true I ran my car out of firing order for almost 6 months and it drove just fine! dont ask how but the damn thing sure did

well if it was outta firing order, you might have had some hot spots which kept up the combustion...

engines are like human hearts... just cause they appear to run fine, doesnt mean internal damage isnt being done...

people we see daily with heart mummurs and such appear fine, but they are in serious situations...

http://www.ny-jbodies.org/library/engine/2200/2200.htm

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search