Anybody with 2k+ have fuel gauge problems? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anybody with 2k+ have fuel gauge problems?
Thursday, July 28, 2005 10:36 PM
HEy guys,
well, after filling up at chevron on saturday, i noticed on my way home from work on wednesday that I was getting extremely good gas milage. 150clicks and was sitting at just under full tank. Punched it a lot on the way home and it didnt move. I'm at 275 now, and should be at just below 1/2 tank, but it will read the proper amount for 1-2 secs and then just jump up to almost full. Or it just sits at 3/4.

wtf? Does that mean the fuel level sensor is @!#$? Or cluster is busted? Or is it grounded out somewhere? Has anybody have a similar problem and have a fix?

THanks.
Nate 2k1 z24

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft

Re: Anybody with 2k+ have fuel gauge problems?
Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:45 PM
Reminds me of a family vacation story from a few years back, this is in a 1997 Chevy Astro van but the same might apply . No one was looking at the miles so we didn't catch on, but this is what happened.

The fuel guage must have been showing full for a long time but was acting normal (nobody noticed alot of strange fluctuation), then after a while the guage swept down to between half to 3/8 a tank the van just started rolling down the highway. Tank was bone dry. Anyways, a long walk and a trip to the dealership later they replaced the whole intank gas float. Don't know if those symptoms help you at all.
Friday, July 29, 2005 12:55 PM
nope mine seems to be on

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, July 29, 2005 1:51 PM
mine is a little off it reads fine untill it hits a quarter of a tank and then go's back up to like 2 notches underhalf and by the time it hits a quarter again its time to fill up...you just have to learn how to read it once it starts to do that and you will be fine

Sinister Ambitions
when your girl is getting on your last nerve f*#k her dont fight her
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search