how to be faster without turbo - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how to be faster without turbo
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 11:51 PM
ok im investing in my body kit from razzi a car pc and cat back turbo will take more time since i need a complete kit i have a cai what else could make me faster??? suggestions

Re: how to be faster without turbo
Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:22 AM
Well pretty much like you said, finish your exhaust. Get all the bolt ons (Throttle Body, Pulleys, Mounts etc), that is a good start.

From there you have to decide how fast you want to be and how much money you want to invest. If you want to stay all motor and want alot of power, it's a given, you have to open that motor up. Pretty much, you have to do every little thing in there. First step people usually do is work on the valve train (cams, springs, retainers, port and polish etc). By this time you'll know what compression you want to run. All motor...10.5:1 or 11:1 is usually what people pursue. With all this power and upgrades, you have to prepare for more fuel and more spark because of upping the compression, otherwise your car won't run correctly.

Now I did notice that you said without getting a turbo kit, so maybe a supercharger sounds nice to you. I don't know what motor you have but if you have a 2.4, GM & RSM Racing has a kit for it, an ECO, GM will have a kit soon and RSM Racing has one...the 2.2 OHV only has RSM Racing for a supercharger kit.

Basically, it's all about how much money you have, want to spend and how much power you want. The amount of money you'll spend on rebuilding your whole motor, you could have bought a turbo/supercharger kit...that's the honest truth.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search