Need opinions on a few ideas???? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need opinions on a few ideas????
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 4:15 PM
A friend of mine was going to pay me to build him a motor for his 01 sunfire GT. It has a 2.4L and he runs very low 15's now. After a few rides and runs in my M, he says he needs more power.

Has anyone done a RWD sunfire?
possibly a v-8? such as a LS1?

I think it could easily be done with a BMW 318 (E30or E36) driveline as the diff bolts up to the body easily and its a two peice driveshaft for easy engine, tranny, and diff angles. I really would not like to do a jap motor but an SR20 will almost bolt up to a 318 tranny so that would be a later upgrade. If not that there is a supercharger kit for 318s to take them to 210-250 HP.

any ideas or opinions?

Re: Need opinions on a few ideas????
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 4:18 PM
build a faster 2.4... turbo's and nitrous are your friends.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 4:18 PM
Go for it dude. I'd much rather see the Lt1 from earlier vettes into a sunfire or cavy for that matter. Try it and post lots of pics
~Later~
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 6:30 PM
The kid who owns the car does really want RWD, but is not big into american V-8s. Those would be easiest and really cheap, but he wants some kind of import (or domestic rice) power.

M-Powered...
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 11:21 PM
BMW M3 wrote:The kid who owns the car does really want RWD, but is not big into american V-8s. Those would be easiest and really cheap, but he wants some kind of import (or domestic rice) power.

Seriously, if he wants a RWD & V8, tell him to buy a Camaro or Firebird. He has to realize that converting is WAY expensive that the only people who do it are Full out drag cars with sponsors and "unlimited" amounts of money going to them.

Also, he needs to realize that he is in the FWD market. He can make his car faster or as fast as any V8 with the proper motor work, traction & tuning.

If he wants some serious power, tell him to boost & rebuild the motor. Like Owen said, Boost & Nitrous are your friends (if you use them properly).

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search