Installing turbo timer - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Installing turbo timer
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:47 AM
I just got my Apex'i Auto Timer in the mail yesterday and am gonna take a stab at installing it sometime this week but I had a few questions for those who have one as well.

First, where did you splice into other wires?

Second, where did you actually put the unit inside the vehicle?

I already have the SAFCII sitting on the steering column and was thinking about putting the timer right in front of the SAFC because it's so small.

Re: Installing turbo timer
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:06 PM
err is there a reason for this, you dont have a turbo, dont need those with blowers

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:33 PM
Because, like a turbo, it's still a mechanical device that gets extremely hot and rather than leaving it to chance I'd rather just install the timer so I don't have to worry about damaging anything.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:59 PM
JuggaloZeke wrote:Because, like a turbo, it's still a mechanical device that gets extremely hot and rather than leaving it to chance I'd rather just install the timer so I don't have to worry about damaging anything.

ok um... superchargers are crank driven bud. once you shut your motor off, the blower shuts off. they don't get the extreme amount of heat and oil inside them that turbochargers do because they are not connected directly to the exhaust ports of the head. yes hot but not AS hot. there is need whatsoever, nor any benefit or preventative gain you can get from installing a turbo timer on a supercharged engine. just sell it and buy a smaller blower pulley or something.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 6:28 PM
he just want to install one man, so get to the point.

you can tap it into the big bundle of wires under the fues box inside the car. That bundle of wires is covered in tape and a thin plastic electric hose. Find pink, red,and white wires, all should be 12guage wire. The red is constant positive, pink is 1st ign, and white is 2nd ignition. Ground the black and wire the brake wire and tap it into the wire that goes to the emergency brake. Not very sure about the white wire, but yeah, test them out. Tap a wire into the red first and when you connect the wire to pink ign should turn on but won't start your car, same for white.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 6:37 PM
firewolf23 (Kevin) wrote:he just want to install one man, so get to the point.

Thank you!

...and thanks for the quick description.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search