wich exhaust .. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wich exhaust ..
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 11:23 AM
alright before anybody says something about me searching. i did search. and i came up with a few posts but not what i wanted. what im looking for is a louder & deeper sounding exhaust. the one i have kinda got quiet on me and is ok. but all the posts ive seen are for deeper sound but quiet. i read that the vibrant mufflers are pretty deep and loud. only thing is when i go to the site and try to view the different ones it wont let me. so i have no idea what they look like or the prices are. btw i have 2 1/4 piping already and when i get the new muffler im going to get my headers and high flow cat. somebody point me in the right direction please. remember im not looking for an annoyingly loud exhaust. just deep and aggressive. thanks in advance - rick

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!

Re: wich exhaust ..
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:23 PM
flowmaster 40 series sounds like what you want, enough reading and you would have found that.

If you have a resonator on there take it off and that will make it louder as well.

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:03 PM
ok forget searching. just take a look at the 14 million exhausts posts in this forum

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:23 PM
you already have the piping, and you are planning on the header and cat and thats good. a borla muffler seems to be a popular choice, along with flowmaster. but i would laso suggest adding a resonator in there to help cut down on the raspiness

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:30 PM
thanks for your help guys. maybe i didnt search enough .

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:41 PM
what about the vibrant mufflers? i tried looking at the site but like i said it wont let me for some reason. and the borla mufflers, is there any particular one that matches what im looking for or what?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:03 PM
From personal experience, I'd stay away from Flowmaster mufflers...go Magnaflow or Borla

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:34 PM
Just ask Bubb Rubb..
Its all about da flow, know what I sayin?

Its that Whoooo WhooOOOOOooo!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:39 PM
jw...why stay away from flowmaster?
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 11:17 PM
ts wrote:jw...why stay away from flowmaster?

Well a few reasons from personal experience. I bought 2 mufflers from a website which were Flowmaster 60 series. I had done some reading on them that they were designed for 4 & 6 cylinders (mind you this is before I discovered the org). I bought them and installed them.

First thing, they were charcoal black ugly mufflers...I didn't care much cause you didn't see them. From there I eventually built up my exhaust system.

One day I started hearing a high pitch ringing noise. I didn't know what the hell it was. I thought it was a hanger that was loose or something. Come to find out, something literally broke inside 1 of the mufflers and made this UNGODLY noise. I had no choice but to replace it. At first I was going to just get another flowmaster muffler but then I said "F it cause it will probably happen with the other one".

I had both cut off (I have duals by the way), and purchased Magnaflow Stainless Steele (beautiful...just beautiful) mufflers and bought Magnaflow 4" tips.

Immediately I noticed a low end power gain. I literally gained my low end back. Before I could even screech my tires if I tried, after the new mufflers it was a piece of cake.

Now when I watch videos and hear my car, those mufflers were so raspy it's not even funny...so glad i got rid of them.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:25 AM
thanks NJ i might have to go with the magnaflow . do you know how the borla boomer mufflers sound? do you have a recent video from the ouside of your car so i can hear your magnaflow muffler now? thanks

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:33 AM
found this one. http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=768 does anybody know how this one sounds from personal experience?

Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:56 PM
rednine7 wrote:thanks NJ i might have to go with the magnaflow . do you know how the borla boomer mufflers sound? do you have a recent video from the ouside of your car so i can hear your magnaflow muffler now? thanks

Go to this thread:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=151777&t=151777#151777

Those are my videos from the outside.

Just a note...I don't have any resonators.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:36 PM
Yes finally someone asks about the Borla Boomers !
I had the Borla Boomer Rocket Muffler ... Pacesetter header / downpipe .. Purple Hornie Resonator and Catco high flow cat.
Lots of people told me it was one of the deepest exhausts they have heard.

Here's some pics of it .

Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:39 PM
Gotta love Borla...

Friday, July 22, 2005 12:25 AM
thanks jersey. thats what i wanted to hear man.

Friday, July 22, 2005 12:29 AM
rednine7 wrote:thanks jersey. thats what i wanted to hear man.

No problem

Friday, July 22, 2005 12:30 AM

LOL s**t, I think I took Jersey kids compliment...sorry DJ...

Good job DJ

Friday, July 22, 2005 7:29 AM
NJs Honda Killa wrote:

LOL s**t, I think I took Jersey kids compliment...sorry DJ...

Good job DJ

Mwahah , Adam's Stealing my Fame ..

Its okay , i forgive you ..... this time.

Rednine7 let us know what you go with some pics and video !

Friday, July 22, 2005 9:43 AM
thanks to you too NJ. bothof you guys helped me out. soooo ill keep what i decide to go with, a secret . ill post pics and vids when and if i can.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search