Cam Question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cam Question
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:30 AM
If i were to pick up a more aggressive cam. Like one from JBP. Should i expect my 2.2 to cam like the V8 Lope style or what?? Thanks alot guys

Re: Cam Question
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:45 AM
I've got the stage 2 JBP cam. Good performance gains, but it is noisy... anyone else find this? I was told because of the higher lope it would do this, also without your car being tuned for this cam it idles weird.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:47 AM
naturally, a high lift cam will cause your car to idle different than stock. i'm on the stock cam for right now, with the Comp Cams rockers and mine has a little bit of a lope to it. but it should run just fine.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:48 AM
this is how my car sounded with cams click here (save as please)

I don't know if thats what you'd consider a "V8 style lope" or whatever but with the idling sounding like that it was enough to throw check engine lights cause the car thought it was misfiring (by the way my car is an eco)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:50 AM
i think the one DOHC motor i ever heard was a DSM that was heavily built. a loping 4 cylinder is something different lol. Pushrod motors are meant to lope (old school, SBC, BBC, even Ford 5.0's). DOHC motors seem to react differently to high lift cams.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 11:21 AM
Darkstars
Thanks alot that what i was looking for. That thing was cammin end of story. Keep up the good work.... ~Later~
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 6:39 PM
Spotabee Racing wrote:naturally, a high lift cam will cause your car to idle different than stock. i'm on the stock cam for right now, with the Comp Cams rockers and mine has a little bit of a lope to it. but it should run just fine.

Mine almost sounded like a desiel before i got my header, pipe, cat, and muffler. now mine has a deeper tone. JBP had the most wild cam I could find at the time.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:54 PM
Naturally it will loop, how hard depends on the cam grind.

One thing I noticed is that after I put my P & P head on I could barely hear a loop...maybe it has something to do with airflow.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, July 25, 2005 7:52 PM
well i was looking for a video of mine and finally found it this is how mine sounded with 62mm TB, stage 2 cams, pacesetter header, and full 2.25 exhaust with only a glasspack and cat
http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3T2L2ERM139130E3EUUR5QD3UB
hope it works for you

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:02 PM
::sighs:: i miss the lope i had..........

MY 2003 SUNFIRE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search