thoughts on this header - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
thoughts on this header
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:52 AM
hey all,

my cousin just got a Ractive 4-2-1 header for his 99 SFGT.

what do you think about ractive's header?

now i'm looking for a 4-2-1 as well and would like to know what you all think about the brand.

i have read about the pacesetter, and some others.

thoughts and suggestions?

thanks

Re: thoughts on this header
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 9:38 AM
any pics of the header , ive never seen 1 from them

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:04 AM
sorry... he has yet to pick it up... and i searched on the Ractive web page and nothing...

I hope he didn't get a fast one pulled on him.. like he got with his intake $200 CDN for the AEM short ram... doen't you hate it when people don't listen....

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:37 PM
If I was him, I'd stick with companies that were more widely used in the Jbody community. I've never seen anyone on here with a Ractive 4-2-1 header.

For you, I hear the 2.4 Header from Pacesetter is good...don't get the black one, get it Ceramic Coated.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 1:13 PM
NJs Honda Killa wrote:If I was him, I'd stick with companies that were more widely used in the Jbody community. I've never seen anyone on here with a Ractive 4-2-1 header.

For you, I hear the 2.4 Header from Pacesetter is good...don't get the black one, get it Ceramic Coated.

yeah.. i tell him all the time to come on this site and research everything first.. and if he;s not sure to ask me. i had my SFGT for 2 years and he had his for 3 months. At least i got him to do the suspension before the rims LOL

myself yeah ceramic pacesetter all the way. next year though Will that header be good with a supercharger?

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 7:56 PM
Modfire wrote:yeah.. i tell him all the time to come on this site and research everything first..

I guess some people have to learn the hard way...

Modfire wrote:myself yeah ceramic pacesetter all the way. next year though Will that header be good with a supercharger?

Pretty much anything better than stock will help. Opening up your exhaust system with boost helps a ton. Also, there really isn't any other options you have...the other companies headers are pretty much the same in performance.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:18 PM
I don't like Ractive's products honestly. I like the 4-2-1 header on our cars, but I wouldn't go with a company that doesn't make a lot of headers. I'd stick with a company that makes a LOT of exhaust products such as Pacesetter, OBX, or the expensive ones like RK Sport.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:49 AM
Spotabee Racing wrote:I don't like Ractive's products honestly. I like the 4-2-1 header on our cars, but I wouldn't go with a company that doesn't make a lot of headers. I'd stick with a company that makes a LOT of exhaust products such as Pacesetter, OBX, or the expensive ones like RK Sport.

yeah i'm not a fan of ractive gear as well...

however they sell alot of headers for the imports, but i didn't notice any for a J.

well its his money not mine LOL

thanks for the input!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:13 AM
Modfire wrote:
Spotabee Racing wrote:I don't like Ractive's products honestly. I like the 4-2-1 header on our cars, but I wouldn't go with a company that doesn't make a lot of headers. I'd stick with a company that makes a LOT of exhaust products such as Pacesetter, OBX, or the expensive ones like RK Sport.

yeah i'm not a fan of ractive gear as well...

however they sell alot of headers for the imports, but i didn't notice any for a J.

well its his money not mine LOL

thanks for the input!

My best point is, if they don't make a lot of parts for J's then stay away. It's best to go with a company that does R&D and knows the car instead of just a few measurements.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:50 PM
Ractive doesnt even make intakes for the 2200. I bought one made for a Honda Civic and it fit well. Just had to make a bracket and make the IAT sensor inlet bigger. It also came with decals but i threw them away lol.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search