obx header/cat back question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
obx header/cat back question
Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:16 AM
How is the OBX header and cat back exhaust? i was planning on getting in since everyone said pacesetter is garbage. any comments on tone wise? install ease? performance gains noticable? any commments welcome

Re: obx header/cat back question
Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:22 AM
I am not sure who said pacesetter is garbage because OBX is the same design as pacesetter. Most of the post i have seen Pacesetter is recommended by most. I have not and happy with it

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:26 AM
PS headers are not garbage. I have one for each Cav. Now the exhaust on the other hand sounds ok but the muffler looks like junk. PS coated header is the best choice for long term use.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:38 AM
spotabee or what ever his user id is is the 1 that keeps saying that

considering obx and weapon r header are all copies of either pacesetters or rk sports headers

ive got the pacesetter coated on mine and love it

the cat back needs a resonator to sound better , personally i not into the big tips

Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:45 AM
so what go with the PS Armor coated header and do what for the exhaust?
Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:13 AM
custom, order a muffler style you like, order a new cat, and order a 24+ inch resonator if you want a deeper non raspy sound.

If you are keepin the cat you can forget buyin one then, but a 2.25 setup from header back is great

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:39 AM
So.....wait...wait wait......I could buy the cat back.....but take the cat off....or put another one there, buy a 24+" resonator and even a new muffler, and it will still weld up find, or is it a bolt on kind of thing....i'm confused.....cause i thought you couldn't weld stainless steel.....

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!
Thursday, July 14, 2005 1:18 PM
I seen stainless steel welded.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:30 PM
I hear the OBX is decent for the 2.4 motor.

As far as cat-backs, Magnaflow or Borla sound great and work great. If you want to save some cash, get a custom mendrel bent one at a local performance shop near you.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, July 15, 2005 8:32 AM
wow im confused too, so if he/i get a highflow cat, then we cant run a resonator, and vise versa? if we wanna run a resonator than we cant run a cat? confused please clear that part of this up! lol

Friday, July 15, 2005 8:45 AM
Carbon Cavi wrote:wow im confused too, so if he/i get a highflow cat, then we cant run a resonator, and vise versa? if we wanna run a resonator than we cant run a cat? confused please clear that part of this up! lol

Yeah you can run a resonator after the cat if you want to have virtually no raspiness.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05

Friday, July 15, 2005 3:26 PM
Whatever you do, stay away from the Pacesetter catbacks. Everyone will agree. They are crappy and will rust out and fall apart after a few months. My recommendation would be an OBX stainless steel header and b pipe, and do a custom 2.25" catback with any decent 2.25" inlet muffler.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, July 15, 2005 4:27 PM
i know several cavs with the pacesetter exhaust , and all have had them a minimum of 6 months , and not 1 has had a problem

they can use a resonator though

Friday, July 15, 2005 4:47 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]i know several cavs with the pacesetter exhaust , and all have had them a minimum of 6 months , and not 1 has had a problem

they can use a resonator though

I'm not the only one who will share my opinion on pacesetter catback exhausts. Ask around.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search