Ebay - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ebay
Saturday, July 02, 2005 1:25 PM
Hey guys i was lookin on ebay the other day and i saw all these computers and i was wondering if i should get any of them for my 04 cavy? and if i should, which one cuz i saw at least 7 different kinds. I also saw coilovers for 40 dollars and some for 100, the 100 dollar ones are dropzones and my friend has some of those and they are not bad at all and i like the stance it gives the car, but the 40 dollar ones i have never even heard of the brand before and i am not even sure if they are selling the whole coilover or just the spring, because a lot of tricky people try to sell stuff on ebay. Someone please let me know what to do. Thanx

Re: Ebay
Saturday, July 02, 2005 1:41 PM
DO NOT buy ebay coilovers!!! Total waste of money. Take it from me, the ride is not worth the neck/back pain they will put you through. Save your cash and get some name brand lowering springs (H&R, Tien, Etc)and good struts (KYB, KONI, Tokiko, Etc). You will be much happier in the long run. And the Computer thing sounds like a scam to me also.....

Saturday, July 02, 2005 1:59 PM
J.J. Lecznar wrote:Hey guys i was lookin on ebay the other day and i saw all these computers and i was wondering if i should get any of them for my 04 cavy? and if i should, which one cuz i saw at least 7 different kinds. I also saw coilovers for 40 dollars and some for 100, the 100 dollar ones are dropzones and my friend has some of those and they are not bad at all and i like the stance it gives the car, but the 40 dollar ones i have never even heard of the brand before and i am not even sure if they are selling the whole coilover or just the spring, because a lot of tricky people try to sell stuff on ebay. Someone please let me know what to do. Thanx

go to the suspension forum, and read the FAQ at the top of the forum....

not bad at all? i'd call something piss poor over "not bad at all" if it wasnt made for the car, doesnt come with all the hardware to mount it correctly, and is of low quality.

a quality set of lowering springs are around 150-200$ JUST the springs....

do you really think crap ebay coilovers that cost 100 or 40$ which have more parts, are decent?? think about it.

Saturday, July 02, 2005 3:04 PM
Don't buy the computers, they are resistors in a box, and do nothing.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, July 02, 2005 3:22 PM
yeap, listen to them. someone told me jbodyperformance does ecu reflashes, which like reprograms your car for performance stuff. its around 600 dollars for the real thing. just keep that in mind.

AkA joe m.

Ricer ELIMINATOR!
Saturday, July 02, 2005 4:55 PM
blackNAcavie wrote:yeap, listen to them. someone told me jbodyperformance does ecu reflashes, which like reprograms your car for performance stuff. its around 600 dollars for the real thing. just keep that in mind.

no they do reflashes for turbo and s/c setups. our ECU's cannot be chipped or tuned like Hondas.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, July 02, 2005 10:44 PM
well i just wanted a cheap set of coilovers because i have a 4 door and it looks like @!#$ cuz its soo high and i wanted to lower it 4 inches and u cant do that with springs so that's why i want coilovers, if u have a good site for cheap coilovers please let me know, i can't afford those 1000 dollar rksport ones, i could do way more with 1000 dollars than spend it on jst my suspension, i want it to be lowered and i wouldn't mind a little bit of a stiffer ride because mine bounces the @!#$ out of anyone in the car when i go over bumps, idk im just trying to do stuff for a little ammount of money
Sunday, July 03, 2005 12:55 AM
4 INCHES HOLY CRAP!!! Can a Cavy even go that far down without dragging the frame?

Hope that's just for shows and not daily driving, because you can kiss your CV joints good by...

Anyway, for that amount of a drop you'd have to roll your fenders. Air may be the best bet, and most air ride kits are like $1500 - $1800

Any WORTH WHILE drop on Coil Overs is going to cost ya about $1,000. Ground Control Coilovers and Koni Yellows are 965 before shipping from Gravana. Tein Basic's are generally around the $900 range, and Gravana's Coilover system is $1000 in the GP forum.

To be quite honest man, Suspension mods are NOT a place to be going with cheap parts. Your suspension effects tire wear, handling, braking distances and, ride comfort. you NEED quality parts, and quality cost $$$.

Sunday, July 03, 2005 11:42 PM
oh i didnt know the reflashes were for s/c and turbos only . me= sad

AkA joe m.

Ricer ELIMINATOR!
Sunday, July 03, 2005 11:58 PM
Jbody "Chip" .. $14
Ebay Coilovers .... $40
Electric Turbolater ..... $80
Tank of Premium Gas ... $35
Large Aluminum Wing .... $100

Getting owned by JBO members because you didn't use the search function.... Priceless!!

Monday, July 04, 2005 9:48 AM
i had my car dropped about 3.6 inches on coilovers before i destroyed a total of 6 struts, 4 strut mounts, and the coilovers themselves.

hooray for KYB struts and good springs

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.

Monday, July 04, 2005 11:22 AM
blackNAcavie wrote:i didnt know the reflashes were for s/c and turbos only

Their site says:
We now will flash your PCM for aftermarket camshafts and other performance mods. We also have the ability to tune your N/A, Nitrous or Forced Induction engine. A great solution to add power to your existing vehicle or to fix timing/ignition issues as a result of a cam swap.
Monday, July 04, 2005 11:38 AM
just remember JJ. you pay to get something. you get cheap quality. go ahead and get the cheap crap. but the crap on your car and fck it up. but dont come back on here crying how you fcked up your car

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, July 04, 2005 11:53 AM
well as far as the dropzone springs they arnt that bad, i have them on my car and they are alittle stif and alittle bouncy but that is if you dont replaqce the shocks. other then that the springs are tits if you get new shocks but if you dont it is bounch but not to bad. i handled it fine till i could afford some koni's
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search