Contol modules - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Contol modules
Sunday, July 03, 2005 8:51 AM
i am looking at control modules for a 98 sunfire se with the 2.2L. would u get the:
1)JET Power Control Units (JET-68001)($199.88) or the
2)Venom 400 Performance Control Modules (VNM-V45-180)($299.95)

Info is from summitracing.com. i look at jegs and they didn't show the venom 400 for the 2.2 but they should it for the 2.4.(u think if i call them they can order it)

the first link for venom
2nd link is for jet its the top one

here is what i got from jegs

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=212363&prmenbr=361

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=86600&prmenbr=361

Mike Wilson

Re: Contol modules
Sunday, July 03, 2005 9:21 AM
read the faq. Those "module" are POS. You'll waste your money. THEY DON'T WORK. IF YOU BUY THEM, YOU DESERVE THE TITLE OF MORON.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, July 03, 2005 9:22 AM
They don't work...don't waste your money and time. If you check the FAQ it lists that.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, July 03, 2005 9:24 AM
Some people will say they work but they don't have anything to back it up. So that's why I said they are moron for beliving in it.

no chip nor module for the 96+ ecm.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, July 03, 2005 10:28 AM
ok thanks

Mike Wilson
Sunday, July 03, 2005 11:38 PM
yes i found out as you just did, that obd II cannot be chipped or moduled. however, there is a such thing as a reflash of the computer for like 600 bucks. and you can keep getting reflashes so you adjust to new mods you put in. more expensive, yet proven from what ive heard.

AkA joe m.

Ricer ELIMINATOR!
Monday, July 04, 2005 12:10 AM
blackNAcavie wrote:yes i found out as you just did, that obd II cannot be chipped or moduled. however, there is a such thing as a reflash of the computer for like 600 bucks. and you can keep getting reflashes so you adjust to new mods you put in. more expensive, yet proven from what ive heard.

Yes Jbody performance does do a reflash for one base price and you can keep sending it back. The thing I don't understand is how do they know how much fuel you need and what timing is best for your application? Not ever car is the same...it should be tuned in person to what the person actually needs. That's why I haven't done such a thing.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, July 04, 2005 10:17 AM
i mean are the stock computers really that bad? they try to compensate for new mods and timing etc right?

sometimes i think we underestimate what we already have

AkA joe m.

Ricer ELIMINATOR!
Monday, July 04, 2005 10:26 AM
blackNAcavie wrote:i mean are the stock computers really that bad? they try to compensate for new mods and timing etc right?

sometimes i think we underestimate what we already have

that's why i reset my pcm after every mod i do then just go drive the car hard for a while.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, July 04, 2005 10:42 AM
junk

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search