help on oil presure gauge - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help on oil presure gauge
Monday, June 20, 2005 1:45 AM
ok guys back again im getting my car back together and its going smoothly im trying to hook up the oil presure gauge so i can see what the psi is so i dont blow it up again. when i got the car it came with a autometer oil gauge in the "A" piler. it was not hooked up. it is an electric white faced gauge. i dont know what i need to hook it into the block or where at. i have a 2.4. and i tried the stock sending unit and when running it would go to 0 and engine stop and it would be 100 so i need help once again. please and thank you.

"sean"

Re: help on oil presure gauge
Monday, June 20, 2005 9:11 AM
you have to have the sending unit for the gauge , or it will not work

Re: help on oil presure gauge
Monday, June 20, 2005 2:50 PM
you will need to add a little block where the stock sending unit goes in. most any napa willhave it. the sending unit you need can be purchased from summit or any other autometer dealer. may get lucky at a parts store.

the block will install just under the idi cover on the drivers side. if you look there you can see the stock one mounted between the cam towers. it just threads in. be sure this goes in properly and use teflon tape. it needs to be tight but not to tight. wouldint want to crack anything

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search