Exhaust Question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust Question
Sunday, June 19, 2005 8:19 PM
I recently went to a tuner type drag race. Most of the cars there, when they were staging they wrapped em out, and you heard the wooshingh sound of a turbo im guessing, but their exhaust just popped like a mofo, and when they launched the car sounded excellent.

Is there any way i can get my car to be deep and throaty, but pop like that when i rev it up nicely.... i kinda guess im going for a tuner exhaust but i like it deep and throaty sounding.. any help. I have the pacesetter 4into1 header and a magnaflow coffee can at the moment... oh and stock piping.

Re: Exhaust Question
Sunday, June 19, 2005 8:35 PM
The deepest cat-back setups you can really get are Magnaflow and Borla unless you get a custom one and put on a big resonator. A header and highflow cat will help in performance and sound quality but sound mainly depends on the type of muffler and the resonator used.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, June 19, 2005 9:03 PM
any suggestions on what i should get then... i wish there was a way you could shop for exhaust by sound clips of your aplication... i guess i could just ask ppl what they have when i like the sound...

Sunday, June 19, 2005 9:09 PM
what sounds good on my car may sound like total crap on others. you cant really go by sound of exhaust on other cars

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, June 20, 2005 12:29 AM
Clay Daniel wrote:any suggestions on what i should get then... i wish there was a way you could shop for exhaust by sound clips of your aplication... i guess i could just ask ppl what they have when i like the sound...

Like said before, Borla and Magnaflow cat-backs, they come with resonators and support a nice deep tone. If you want, you can complete the rest of the exhaust system with a nice header and high-flow cat.

Monday, June 20, 2005 12:29 AM
99redz24 wrote:what sounds good on my car may sound like total crap on others. you cant really go by sound of exhaust on other cars

Agreed. What may sound nice to me, may sound nasty to others. Different people, different tastes.

Monday, June 20, 2005 12:36 AM
Adam is right....Borla or Magnaflow....personally i think Borla is a little deeper sound but either one will do...just remember....put a resonator on if you want the deep sound...it will sound alot better

Monday, June 20, 2005 10:09 AM
i like my Thermal exhaust system i got

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, June 20, 2005 3:38 PM
clay like i told you at the track, that sound was due to running open downpipe.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, June 20, 2005 7:23 PM
where can i purchase a good resonator.. ebay maybe, but i havent had good luck with ebay. Most of it is @!#$

Monday, June 20, 2005 8:53 PM
I got both of my resonators from Summit Racing , one Purple Hornie and one Cherry Bomb.

When i downshift at high RPMs it pops a little - I have 2 1/2 Catback with a Magnaflow Oval Muffler.

Some say it sounds very deep and nice, and others says it isnt deep enough.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:56 PM
Well i used to have the magnaflow cat-back and i liked it, but just last week i switched it to a borla proXS muffler and i think that sounds alot better. most people ive talked to feel its sounds deeper than the magnaflow. it can still get raspy at high rpm's but thats probably because i dont have a resonator.
In my opinion the borla muffler has a little more of a throaty sound then the magnaflow, but thats just my feeling.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 3:41 PM
i love my vibrant exhaust...got it from jim at gravana...he turned me onto the idea of vibrant after testing all the different brands...i have obx 4-2-1 header, high flow cat, vibrant catback...sounds deep but gives a popping also when you downshift or rev it up and let it come down...was racing a guy the other day and pulled up to a light after and revved it a lil and my buddy and i heard the kid in his passenger seat go "holy @!#$" so it sounds pretty good haha

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 8:02 PM
what about the pace setter cat back system kinda inexpensive so im wondering if it applies to "get what you pay for"

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 9:15 PM
Clay Daniel wrote:what about the pace setter cat back system kinda inexpensive so im wondering if it applies to "get what you pay for"

Very possible. Like said, Borla or Magnaflow for the sound you want

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search