venom pump worth it?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
venom pump worth it??
Saturday, June 11, 2005 5:22 PM
i was just wondering if anyone has used the upgrade venom fuel pump. i heard its suppose to pump10% more fuel? that correct? anyway..im stroking my quad and im still deciding on what pump/injectors to go with....anyone used this pump yet?

THE GUY SURE LOOKS LIKE PLANT FOOD TO ME!!!

Re: venom pump worth it??
Sunday, June 12, 2005 12:22 AM
Honestly, you only need it if your somehow raising the compression (boost or higher compression pistons) or if your using a high amount of nitrous, a fuel pump would be helpful (especially on a dry shot). If your staying N/A on stock compression, you really don't need it. Your stock fuel system is efficient enough to send enough fuel to your motor, heck....you might even run rich (like in my case).

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, June 12, 2005 6:45 AM
i have had one sitting in my garage for about 2 years now. i will sell it to you. i couldnt get it to work right on my car though. i can bring it to rockingham with me if you want.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 9:20 AM

Quote:

Honestly, you only need it if your somehow raising the compression

um, i said i was stroking my quad,that means the compression goes up going from a 2.3 to a 2.7 but any way...pistolero, i am very interested cus i still thing my start up problem is my pump giving out, what kind of problems did you have with it though, and how much would you want for it?

Sunday, June 12, 2005 10:47 AM
i heard this venom is not that much different from the stock one. its only like a little bit better

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, June 12, 2005 12:11 PM
i will be using one in my car..

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, June 12, 2005 2:29 PM
what im looking for is reliability and maybe a bit more fuel..i heard the s10 had 1/4 tank cut off and i dont want that...so if the venom is reliable it may be enough for me to get it.

Monday, June 13, 2005 2:11 PM
i take it no one has used one of these yet?

Monday, June 13, 2005 4:45 PM
mine might be installed in the next week or so.

Monday, June 13, 2005 5:19 PM
when you get it in if you dont mind let me know how the install when and how well it works if ya dont mind

Monday, June 13, 2005 6:14 PM
i had a problem hooking it up. the car ran with it on there though, but i think that i may have put a crack in one of my lines when i hooked it up. dont really know what the problem was. if you want to can give me half the money in rockingham i will give you the pump and if it works you can send me the rest and if not we and swap back. i really dont even know what it is worth i got it so long ago. how does $150 sound.

Monday, June 13, 2005 6:53 PM
sounds great man...yea i just wanna make sure it runs good..bring it to the show and ill bring you cash...i added you to my aim..i take it your entering the show ..or are you just going as a spectator?..either way see you there man.....by the way ill be down to myrtle in july..hope to see you there

Monday, June 13, 2005 7:08 PM
are you gonna use the 87-88 block or are you going to use the 89-94 block? If you use the 87-88 block, you don't need to modify the RW since the 87-88 block had a 0° crank like the 2.4.

You're going with what? .060 over? Eagle rods? Arp main and head studs?

Witch cams? Ho? W41? Comp Cams? custom grind?

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:34 AM
^ knows his quad's...

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:22 PM
goin with the later block,eagle rods,w41 cams and a mere .030 overbore,,,and custom forged pistons....with anyluck itll be done by summers end and ill have it dynoed

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:32 PM
i will be showing

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search