need an a/f controller - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need an a/f controller
Saturday, June 11, 2005 2:54 PM
by the end of the summer i'm hoping to have intake, ported intake manifold, header, high flow cat, and full cat-back exhaust. my question is, do you think i would be in need of something like the apex'i S-AFVC to dyno tune the car or would i at least get some good gains by tuning it? i would also like to get a set of the stage 1 ecotec cams if i have the money left over, so i figure i would definitely benefit from an a/f controller then, but just wanted some input from everybody on here too. thanx.

Re: need an a/f controller
Saturday, June 11, 2005 10:32 PM
From experience, I ran very rich after I put my cams in. I currently have a Apexi SAFC (not an apex'i S-AFVC but I knew what you meant) installed in my car. I originally had it somewhat dyno tuned and found out I was rich. Something happened and lost all my info on my SAFC so I tuned it down myself. Turns out I was more lean than the guy who dyno'd my car thought.

I say get the SAFC just as your getting your cams because you will need it. Make sure who ever installs it solders the wires. If you need to know what wires go where, I can give you a link to show you. Good luck and happy modding.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, June 11, 2005 10:33 PM
Also, you might want to invest in an A/F Ratio Gauge if you decide not to take it to a dyno to tune it.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 12:04 AM
NJs Honda Killa wrote:Also, you might want to invest in an A/F Ratio Gauge if you decide not to take it to a dyno to tune it.

While an a/f ratio guage will give you somewhat of an idea on how you're running, a pyrometer would be much more beneficial to tune with. However, like Nj's said, a dyno would result in the best tune/gains.
Sunday, June 12, 2005 12:07 AM
Quote:

a pyrometer would be much more beneficial to tune with.

Or better yet, he can purchase an Wideband to check his A/F Ratio and tune it himself. That would probably be a bit more efficient.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 12:22 PM
thanx guys, thats pretty much what i was wondering was when i'd need it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search