I got a code...Help please - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I got a code...Help please
Friday, June 10, 2005 12:35 PM
I put on my pacesetter header 2 days ago on my 01 2.4, and i am now getting a check engin light. The drive home was nice and then yesterday my track off light came on. Then about 25 minuits later, the CEL came on. Also now when i start the car, the car bogs. but when it warms up it ok. I went to autozone and the codes it through was for a slow O2 senser response and a throttle possition sensor code. Any help. Do i need a new O2. And also the car runs normal other then the bogging.

Re: I got a code...Help please
Friday, June 10, 2005 12:54 PM
I have had the same code for over a year with my pacesetter header. I think it is because the O2 sensor is located about foot lower than where it was from the factory. It might be that it doesn't get hot enough in time to switch properly. Since the weather has been in the 80's, my check engine light went off and hasn't come back. I have replaced the sensor twice with ones from Autozone and Murrays. Neither one fixed it. Maybe a good ol fashioned GM one is needed? Check your TPS voltage, that may have something to do with it bogging down.

http://members.cardomain.com/scrawnyguy18
Friday, June 10, 2005 1:08 PM
i got a pacesetter and no CEL. Change the sensor to see if it change something.
Friday, June 10, 2005 1:23 PM
what sensor should i get and also how much is it.
Also, which sensor do i change.

Friday, June 10, 2005 1:25 PM
let me clear that up, Which O2 sensor should i get and what O2 sensor should i change, the header O2 or behind the cat.

Friday, June 10, 2005 1:33 PM
I personally have tried the autozone and murrays special with no luck, I would try a GM one. It is the one wire sensor in the header before the cat if your code was P1133. The price will probably be around $20.

http://members.cardomain.com/scrawnyguy18
Friday, June 10, 2005 2:35 PM
the code should tell you sensor 1 (header) or sensor 2 (after cat)

sometimes the o2's get damaged pulling them out , and you cant tell they get damaged by looking at them

and alot of people i know have problems using aftermarket sensors , and ive always used the stock sensors

also after the new sensor if its still a problem you might want to try a cutting down the o2 sensor fitting on the header , and then clean the threads up (18mm x 1.5) , and see if that works

Friday, June 10, 2005 3:27 PM
ok, the codes i got are a throttle possition senser, and an O2 sensor slow response(P0133 sensor 1)

Should i buy a new OEM O2 sensor from GM. I am just tired of the bogging when i start the car. And the bogging started after the header install. And i am confused by the whole cutting the O2 sensor fitting. Can you please clear that up for me. Thanks.

Friday, June 10, 2005 4:15 PM
pretty much the fitting the o2 screws into is about 1/2" thick , take about 1/8"or a little more off the thinkness , then clean the threads

this put the o2 sensor farther into the header and should clear up the problem if the NEW o2 doesnt fix it

and ive always had good luck using the GM sensors

also if your getting a TPS code that might be causing part of the bog also , but do the o2 first

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search