What sre a good header for 02 ecotec's - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What sre a good header for 02 ecotec's
Thursday, June 09, 2005 1:09 PM
I want to know what are good headers for the 2002 ecotecs? Ive been hearing bad things about almost all the header. Its starting to make me not even get one . S can I get advise on this

Beware the Rouge Dragon.

Re: What sre a good header for 02 ecotec's
Thursday, June 09, 2005 1:16 PM
pacesetter is very widly used here , and with little to no problems

the dc sports is a very nice header , but uses the stock down pipe

rk's doesnt fit the 02's or it hits the rack , and has gasket problems in the mid section

weapon r's is a copy of rk's but fits better , and still has a gasket issue in the mid section

Thursday, June 09, 2005 1:36 PM
I was the pacesetters, they a nice color and afordable. But some one told me they wasent any good. I swear my hand was on my wallet about to get them too

Beware the Rouge Dragon.
Thursday, June 09, 2005 2:13 PM
He so do any one know about the Isuzu Performance Header ? Also If any one have the pacesetter header. Give me your opinion about it.

Beware the Rouge Dragon.
Thursday, June 09, 2005 2:19 PM
I have the pacesetter, I dont have a problem with them. I think its a very good product. I think people say its not good because they installed it wrong for some reason, or its not some f&f brand.

Thursday, June 09, 2005 2:56 PM
some people dont like the ball and socket stlye flex joint , or the gasket

the iperformance is alot of $$$

Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:24 PM
Weapon R end of story......You know how much i love mine....and you've rode in my car with them on and you know what a nice gain i got from them and a nice tone.......Not to mention you get a downpipe with the header too!
Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:32 PM
pacesetter is good. ceramic is best.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:49 PM
I have a pacesetter ceramic coated, no problem with it, easy install (actually removing the stock exhaust manifold was crap). I love it. It may be cheaper, but it does the job and I never heard any gasket problem or fitting issues.

Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:52 PM
I'd suggest Weapon-R header but just don't use weapon-r's gaskets, get them from an auto parts store.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:50 PM
^
Yep thats what i did....I got a Fel-pro gasket at Autozone for $8...and it was alot better quality then what weapon R gave me

Friday, June 10, 2005 5:17 AM
I have weapon R no issues with gaskets yet! Its a little tight getting it in but otherwise OK. Plus its stainless. These headers are all CHEAPly Made, they dont spen any time realy doing a good job on the interior of the collecter merg area but still do a good job.
Friday, June 10, 2005 6:36 AM
so if weapon r heads r cheaply made ,which heads r da best
Friday, June 10, 2005 9:01 AM
you guys can make your own header gasket from sheet copper at the hardware store

see ya!

Friday, June 10, 2005 12:36 PM
See I sould of stuck with my first mind and got the pacesetters. And SAVVY CAVVY , lol yes i have drove your car, i dont know if its because its a 2200 or because the big as 20's on your cavi. But dude, you car have no push to it, i think you kill ALL your back presure or something. You making me scared to get headers. Wat else did you do to your exhast system?

Beware the Rouge Dragon.
Sunday, June 12, 2005 1:08 PM
The Pacesetter for the eco is a 4-1 right? And the Weapon R is a 4-2-1, Is there much performance difference between the two??

Sunday, June 12, 2005 3:38 PM
Yes^ That is right. But I don't know about the performance difference.

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Sunday, June 12, 2005 3:54 PM
The 4-2-1 will give you more power in the lower rpms. The 4-1 will give you more power in the higher rpms. Im about to pick up a 4-1 pacesetter.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 4:02 PM
Is there a difference between the painted pacesetter and the armor coated one that is on gravana??

http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2003_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Coupe_2.2_16v.aspx/2/1876/_Headers_Pacesetter_Armor_Coat_4_into_1_Header

Sunday, June 12, 2005 5:18 PM
blackeco, the difference is the painted one is just to keep it from being damaged while in shipping. The paint will burn off once the header is installed. However, the ceramic c header is good as it keeps temps. lower. I have one and i must say that the ceramic coated header gave off a lot less heat then my stock header and probably then the non-ceramic coated one.

Also, i have the pacesetter's ceramic coated header and its great!

'02 LS Sport - Indigo Blue
Sunday, June 12, 2005 6:32 PM
Weapon R or Pacesetter

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, June 12, 2005 10:59 PM
khaserwolf wrote:i think you kill ALL your back presure or something. You making me scared to get headers.

backpressure is restriction... you don't want backpressure...

exhaust flow velocity is what you want. too big a diameter piping and you lose velocity. that's where you lose power.

i'm with rodimus... from what i've read, pacesetter or weapon r...

btw... anyone know the diameter of the collector on the pacesetter? is it 2.25 or 2.5?

Monday, June 13, 2005 1:03 AM
I believe the colector is 2.5 & the ball joint reduces it down to 2.25

Monday, June 13, 2005 1:42 PM
Hmmm, now i have to figure out where i need my power at lower or higher rpms. Im racing it at the track so and advice on that?

Beware the Rouge Dragon.
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 1:37 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]. . .rk's doesnt fit the 02's or it hits the rack , and has gasket problems in the mid section . . .

So what kind of gasket problems? Is this solved by getting a better gasket from the parts store or is it a design issue?

Just curious.

|| Click my sig to visit my Cardomain page | Omaha Racing | NRSCCA ||
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search