Need Suggestions for an exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Suggestions for an exhaust
Sunday, April 24, 2005 10:31 AM
I know this might be a stupid question, but I was wondering based on your guys experiences, what would be a good cat back exhaust system for my 2.4L. I'm thinking about getting the magnaflow system from RKSport. Thanks for any opinions or suggestions.

Re: Need Suggestions for an exhaust
Sunday, April 24, 2005 10:35 AM
custom, then a muffler of your choice

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, April 24, 2005 10:39 AM
Go 2 1/2 inches, i saw a dyno chart that shows more HP gains with that 1/2 inch bigger diameter tubing than what RK Sport has. It wasn't much, but hey any little bit can help.
Sunday, April 24, 2005 10:49 PM
Go Magnaflow or Borla for catback exhaust setup.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, April 25, 2005 7:51 AM
CraZ-24 wrote:Go 2 1/2 inches, i saw a dyno chart that shows more HP gains with that 1/2 inch bigger diameter tubing than what RK Sport has. It wasn't much, but hey any little bit can help.

dyno sheets are easy to fake. it's been track proven that 2.25" diameter piping works better than 2.5" unless you have a very high horsepower n/a or boosted application.

my advice would be a 4-2-1 header (OBX Stainless Steel is a good choice), high flow cat, and 2.25" custom catback, muffler of your choice.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, April 30, 2005 1:41 AM
I don't know how many people have lied to you about their dyno sheets, but the one i saw was from a shop that makes their own muffler, the name doesn't come to mind right now, but they did three runs. One, baseline, two, RKsports single 2 1/4", and three, their 2 1/2". It showed only a few more HP gains, but any Hp gains are better than none at all.
Saturday, April 30, 2005 5:59 AM
if you get anything from RK put a resonator on it otherwise it will sound like ass

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, April 30, 2005 8:06 AM
Magnaflow cat-back, Hi-flow cat from magnaflow, and the OBX 4-1 Stainless header, setup is great and emissions legal

I'll have a sig someday....................
Saturday, April 30, 2005 8:22 AM
I have a magnaflow high-cat, magnapack, and magnaflow muffer. gonna change the piping to 2.25".

CraZ-24, i think you're talking about isuzu performance's cat-back exhaust system. they have dyno sheets of their runs on a 2.4L but nothing for the 2.2 or the ecotec. If you check up their cat-back in the j-body forum, you'll see that there were some problems with this system and a lot of people complained about customer service.

"Tuve un sueño muhado contigo mamasita!"
Saturday, April 30, 2005 10:10 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:if you get anything from RK put a resonator on it otherwise it will sound like ass

Exactly what I had to do. Click my sig, I have sound clips and some short write ups of what I had to do to get the RK system to sound good.

Sunday, May 01, 2005 2:07 PM
Maybe the difference in size of engine makes the difference in piping size also. As soon as i figure out a few problems that i have in my car, Im taking it to the dyno for a baseline with the full exhaust. As soon as i do, i'll post everything i have on my car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search